Baylor, just go away...

CyAg

May 22, 2006
So, in the Sprint Center after the first game on the concourse, had a brief conversation with a Baylor fan as we left a certain relief room. I was trying to be diplomatic and wish them a good game this evening and recognize he was supporting his school when times are tough...from there it really went South and they have to go if this is the current fan base.

The fan thanked me, said he came to Baylor from CA as a transfer and and thought things were bad in Waco now. I initially agreed, but after that he stated the following as to why all is bad there:
-When he transferred in and dated a girl if he did not call her the next day she would call parents, sorority, school and say her future was ruined. He then was called to meet with a Dean after a date.
-He then stated Briles was railroaded.
-After this he went back to the 50-52 rape charges and stated (I am not kidding you), that 46-48 were because the ladies did not get a call the day after.

Since I did not want to be arrested for assault, I simply said we disagree and walked away

I feel sorry for any good Christian parents who in their hearts felt they are/were doing right sending their kids to Waco, but it is time they leave the B12.

Rant over.

• Useful
Reactions: VeloClone

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
So, in the Sprint Center after the first game on the concourse, had a brief conversation with a Baylor fan as we left a certain relief room. I was trying to be diplomatic and wish them a good game this evening and recognize he was supporting his school when times are tough...from there it really went South and they have to go if this is the current fan base.

The fan thanked me, said he came to Baylor from CA as a transfer and and thought things were bad in Waco now. I initially agreed, but after that he stated the following as to why all is bad there:
-When he transferred in and dated a girl if he did not call her the next day she would call parents, sorority, school and say her future was ruined. He then was called to meet with a Dean after a date.
-After this he went back to the 50-52 rape charges and stated (I am not kidding you), that 46-48 were because the ladies did not get a call the day after.

Since I did not want to be arrested for assault, I simply said we disagree and walked away

I feel sorry for any good Christian parents who in their hearts felt they are/were doing right sending their kids to Waco, but it is time they leave the B12.

Rant over.

You are a better man than me.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
While I will be happy to see them lose at any time, I will be equally happy to see them lose to us in the Championship.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

Rant over.

Good Christians and Baptists don't belong in the same sentence. Good for you for holding your tongue though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
OP, sounds like you just talked to a completely awful person in general.

There are certain segments of the human population that need to be gone.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Rant over.

So Baylor is innocent because this guy struck out in college a lot? Alrighty then.

Reactions: carvers4math

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
My daughter went to Baylor from 07-11...

never had a problem... hung out with many Athletes... never felt threatened... Never felt like her friends were Rapey...

I totally get pretending that this is isolated to Waco because it's a rival and you are looking for a reason to hate them... but honestly, this goes on everywhere, on every campus in the world...

Baylor's BOR handled this like the Three Stooges and made us a laughingstock... I don't disagree... I hate them all and hope they all resign immediately.

I've known Briles for 20+ years through Texas High School Football Coaching... no one wants to win more than he does... but to think he covered up Rape for a couple of scrub defensive guys on a team where the defense was an afterthought anyway is just silly... This was not RGIII or TWilliams or Kendall Wright or Corey Coleman...

Briels was naive and let a BOR that had no idea how to implement the new Title IX regulations and had an antiquated system of kids won't drink or have sex or be with black boys ever...

He ran things like it was a High School, which was his background... that was his downfall...
I understand your hate for his success... and your joy at his destruction...

but pretending that Baylor is evil and that this doesn't happen anywhere else is just partisan hate... aggy and UT have 20,000 girls each who say they have been sexually assaulted... but they are big state schools with tons of rich alumni and a tradition that insulates them...

Baylor did almost everything wrong in dealing with this, but Art Briles was maybe 1% of that...

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

never had a problem... hung out with many Athletes... never felt threatened... Never felt like her friends were Rapey...

I totally get pretending that this is isolated to Waco because it's a rival and you are looking for a reason to hate them... but honestly, this goes on everywhere, on every campus in the world...

Baylor's BOR handled this like the Three Stooges and made us a laughingstock... I don't disagree... I hate them all and hope they all resign immediately.

I've known Briles for 20+ years through Texas High School Football Coaching... no one wants to win more than he does... but to think he covered up Rape for a couple of scrub defensive guys on a team where the defense was an afterthought anyway is just silly... This was not RGIII or TWilliams or Kendall Wright or Corey Coleman...

Briels was naive and let a BOR that had no idea how to implement the new Title IX regulations and had an antiquated system of kids won't drink or have sex or be with black boys ever...

He ran things like it was a High School, which was his background... that was his downfall...

but pretending that Baylor is evil and that this doesn't happen anywhere else is just partisan hate... aggy and UT have 20,000 girls each who say they have been sexually assaulted... but they are big state schools with tons of rich alumni and a tradition that insulates them...

Baylor did almost everything wrong in dealing with this, but Art Briles was maybe 1% of that...
Whatever helps you sleep at night

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
JustHappy, I'm glad your daughter had a great experience at BU. People agree that sexual assault/rape is a problem, but from an outsider looking in it looked like that most BU fans were only worried about the FB team. It would be hard to be a BU alum knowing how much you appreciate your experience and alma mater, but knowing how poorly this was handled. I went down to Waco a couple a years ago for MBB, and I thought your fan base was much friendlier than OU's.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

Rant over.

Sounds like he went on a date with my cousin when she was at BU. Poor guy probably hasn't realized yet that he needs professional help.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Very Mulkey-esque.

And no, that's not a good thing.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Whatever helps you sleep at night

I sleep fine either way...

I worry more about a system that asks Universities to adjudicate sexual assault without any due process and outside of the rules of law...

I worry for my school more about a Board that did nothing to set up a system to work within the new guidelines until You Tee mouthpieces in Texas Monthly exposed the total lack of any kind of process for dealing with it... and when the **** hit the fan they threw the coach under the bus to save themselves... and continue to do so...

I worry more about how well you sleep since you have convinced yourself that this only happens in Waco...

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
The whole "this happens everywhere" argument is tone deaf and in no way accurate. Does some sexual assault happen on most college campuses? Yes. Does 50-some cases of it involving student athletes happen in most campuses? No. Even if it did, would that excuse Baylor from wrongdoing? No way. There is no excuse for this at Baylor, and they need a severe punishment for allowing this to happen.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
JustHappy, I'm glad your daughter had a great experience at BU. People agree that sexual assault/rape is a problem, but from an outsider looking in it looked like that most BU fans were only worried about the FB team. It would be hard to be a BU alum knowing how much you appreciate your experience and alma mater, but knowing how poorly this was handled. I went down to Waco a couple a years ago for MBB, and I thought your fan base was much friendlier than OU's.

Thanks NWICY...

it is a National problem... and I can't deny that winning has been Way much more fun than losing...

I am pissed at my school for how they have handled this problem... I'm just pissed at a different group of people...

Unfortunately they are still in charge.... The good news for us is that there is so much National attention that even they will have to make the changes that have been needed for a long time... almost all of which have nothing to do with Athletics.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

And your means of dismissing the basketball scandal? This is NOT a question of being jealous of success. It's a question of being disgusted by the actions taken by a player or players, by a team, by a coach or coaches, by an athletic department, by a university president...should I go on?
Your excuses and justifications will fall on deaf ears here.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm 100% wearing purple tonight. Would love to see K-State in the finals.

A. Means Huggy bear and the "im going to foul you every second" players are out.
B. It means Assault-U is out.
C. Means Bruce Weber keeps his job and we can keep feasting on KSU.
D. Keeps the streak of no team from Texas winning the tourney intact.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
The whole "this happens everywhere" argument is tone deaf and in no way accurate. Does some sexual assault happen on most college campuses? Yes. Does 50-some cases of it involving student athletes happen in most campuses? No. Even if it did, would that excuse Baylor from wrongdoing? No way. There is no excuse for this at Baylor, and they need a severe punishment for allowing this to happen.

Where did the 50+ number come from?

How have their been 2 convictions, one ending in a Texas jury giving Probation to the convicted man, and both under appeal...

If you were trying to hide your own failures and looking for a convenient scapegoat, who better than the Arrogant, Swag Heavy, ESPN/UT hated Head Football Coach?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I sleep fine either way...

I worry more about a system that asks Universities to adjudicate sexual assault without any due process and outside of the rules of law...

I worry for my school more about a Board that did nothing to set up a system to work within the new guidelines until You Tee mouthpieces in Texas Monthly exposed the total lack of any kind of process for dealing with it... and when the **** hit the fan they threw the coach under the bus to save themselves... and continue to do so...

I worry more about how well you sleep since you have convinced yourself that this only happens in Waco...

Agree it happens everywhere but not at the alarming rate it seems to happen in Waco.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
And your means of dismissing the basketball scandal? This is NOT a question of being jealous of success. It's a question of being disgusted by the actions taken by a player or players, by a team, by a coach or coaches, by an athletic department, by a university president...should I go on?
Your excuses and justifications will fall on deaf ears here.

Truth is not an excuse.

Reactions: kjh0006