Baylor, just go away...

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Agree it happens everywhere but not at the alarming rate it seems to happen in Waco.

again, the only place I've heard the alarming numbers are from the Baylor BOR who is desperately trying to put the blame on Briles.

2 Convictions... both under appeal... one given probation by a jury in the State of Texas.

I had a daughter that went to school there for 4 years... she had classes with multiple Baylor athletes... I work with a 4 year Letterwoman who married a Baylor Basketball player and hung out with football players all the time... Neither of them ever felt threatened in any way.

This is a Board that was caught having done nothing to implement the protections mandated by the recent changes to Title IX and were looking for a high profile name to pin it on.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I'll let you know if I agree when I see it.

This I totally buy.

as of now I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that the coach I've known for 2 decades was someone who would cover up rape...

I would love nothing more than to see the truth actually come out... and if it means that Art has fooled me and that he really did cover up Rape then he will be dead to me and I will absolutely condemn him

Reactions: beentherebefore

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
again, the only place I've heard the alarming numbers are from the Baylor BOR who is desperately trying to put the blame on Briles.

2 Convictions... both under appeal... one given probation by a jury in the State of Texas.

I had a daughter that went to school there for 4 years... she had classes with multiple Baylor athletes... I work with a 4 year Letterwoman who married a Baylor Basketball player and hung out with football players all the time... Neither of them ever felt threatened in any way.

This is a Board that was caught having done nothing to implement the protections mandated by the recent changes to Title IX and were looking for a high profile name to pin it on.

Agree the BOR is nuts but after reading some of Briles' texts....don't think he's anywhere near squeaky clean.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Agree the BOR is nuts but after reading some of Briles' texts....don't think he's anywhere near squeaky clean.

The Texts are troubling... but Texts are strange things... without context they can sound Machiavellian when they could be completely innocuous...

Think about the "Is this MY CAR!?!?" commercial...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Is it denial to say that Baylor University and even the complete scum bag Dave Bliss DID NOT TRY TO COVER UP A MURDER?

No, I'm more just equating Baylor with what happened at Penn St, where complete and utter denial became their "alternate truth". You know, that Paterno was this good guy that had absolutely no idea what was going on and the media and the rest of the nation crucified him.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I understand your hate for his success... and your joy at his destruction...

but pretending that Baylor is evil and that this doesn't happen anywhere else is just partisan hate...
Happy, come on, we all know that's complete ******** (your entire post is, but let's just focus on this).
First, no, this isn't hating Baylor for their success. While people here were frustrated when Baylor was doing well, there was a lot of respect as well, and hope that we could maybe find our own Art Briles. I'll be honest, I love watching Baylor football lose, the only team I hate more is Penn State (and it's damn close), and if I could have it my way you guys would never score another point, much less win another game. But it's not because of the wins. It's because of what Briles did, the BOR did, and what fans like you are continuing to do.

And sexual assault is a problem on most college campuses, you won't get any argument from me there. But what happened at Baylor was more than that.

One final thing: deep down, what do you think is more likely? That the entire country, excluding about 95 square miles in Texas, is getting it completely wrong, or that the fans and alums of a school located in the 95 sq. miles is getting it wrong?

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
No, I'm more just equating Baylor with what happened at Penn St, where complete and utter denial became their "alternate truth". You know, that Paterno was this good guy that had absolutely no idea what was going on and the media and the rest of the nation crucified him.

at PSU, an assistant coach SAW Sandusky screwing a 10 year old boy in the shower and told Joe Pa and they burried it...

If you can show me anything in the same Universe done by Baylor coaches and Briles I'll disavow them for life... 20+ years of relationship won't mean **** to me. I'll be #1 on the lynch mob...

So far, I've seen nothing that makes me believe this is the case with Briles...

Baylor had a HUGE problem in dealing with Title IX... most of it was way above the Head Football Coach level...

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Happy, come on, we all know that's complete ******** (your entire post is, but let's just focus on this).
First, no, this isn't hating Baylor for their success. While people here were frustrated when Baylor was doing well, there was a lot of respect as well, and hope that we could maybe find our own Art Briles. I'll be honest, I love watching Baylor football lose, the only team I hate more is Penn State (and it's damn close), and if I could have it my way you guys would never score another point, much less win another game. But it's not because of the wins. It's because of what Briles did, the BOR did, and what fans like you are continuing to do.

And sexual assault is a problem on most college campuses, you won't get any argument from me there. But what happened at Baylor was more than that.

One final thing: deep down, what do you think is more likely? That the entire country, excluding about 95 square miles in Texas, is getting it completely wrong, or that the fans and alums of a school located in the 95 sq. miles is getting it wrong?

A lie gets half way around the world before the Truth gets its pants on...

UT started this with an article in their mouthpiece Texas Monthly... OTL picked it up and drove it home... I think because they really had it in for Art... they hated his swagger and his refusal to bend the knee and kiss the CT Network ring...

When things went south the BOR saw a way to insulate themselves and their own failings by hanging it all on football and CAB... .10 of the campus wide problem according to the Title IX coordinator...

if it's him then I'll drop him like a bad habit... I'm glad the Texas Rangers are looking into it and I hope/pray the whole truth comes out

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

UT started this with an article in their mouthpiece Texas Monthly... OTL picked it up and drove it home... I think because they really had it in for Art... they hated his swagger and his refusal to bend the knee and kiss the CT Network ring...

When things went south the BOR saw a way to insulate themselves and their own failings by hanging it all on football and CAB... .10 of the campus wide problem according to the Title IX coordinator...

if it's him then I'll drop him like a bad habit... I'm glad the Texas Rangers are looking into it and I hope/pray the whole truth comes out
I'll believe it when I see it, but nothing you've done has given me any confidence in that

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I sleep fine either way...

I worry more about a system that asks Universities to adjudicate sexual assault without any due process and outside of the rules of law...

I worry for my school more about a Board that did nothing to set up a system to work within the new guidelines until You Tee mouthpieces in Texas Monthly exposed the total lack of any kind of process for dealing with it... and when the **** hit the fan they threw the coach under the bus to save themselves... and continue to do so...

I worry more about how well you sleep since you have convinced yourself that this only happens in Waco...

I don't think it's not a concern everywhere.

Just not 50-some incidents and people thinking it's OK just as long as the football team wins, as a concern.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
at PSU, an assistant coach SAW Sandusky screwing a 10 year old boy in the shower and told Joe Pa and they burried it...

If you can show me anything in the same Universe done by Baylor coaches and Briles I'll disavow them for life... 20+ years of relationship won't mean **** to me. I'll be #1 on the lynch mob...

Baylor had a HUGE problem in dealing with Title IX... most of it was way above the Head Football Coach level...
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-coach-art-briles-sam-ukwuachu-violent-past

6006_pitch-perfect-mic-drop-adam-devine.gif

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

tumblr_mvoeabykzk1sipla7o1_r1_500.gif

Reactions: JP4CY

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts

The "We're not as bad as PSU" is a defense I hope Iowa State fans never need to use.

Not at all strong.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX