Beer scene in Anaheim, CA

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
At a conference in Anaheim this week. Probably won't have time for a brewery tour but looking for evening recommendations. Any recommendations on pubs/bars that have good beer selection?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Yard House is a chain but they have over 100 beers on Tap.

Do you have a car or are willing to Uber? There's lots of places not in Anaheim but not too far away.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Noble Ale Works, Bottle Logic and Green Cheek are absolute must try in Anaheim. Noble and Green Cheek make killer IPA's(both WC and Hazy) and Bottle Logic KILLS the stout game. I'd imagine bars in the area have their stuff on tap.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Noble Ale Works, Bottle Logic and Green Cheek are absolute must try in Anaheim. Noble and Green Cheek make killer IPA's(both WC and Hazy) and Bottle Logic KILLS the stout game. I'd imagine bars in the area have their stuff on tap.

Maybe they've gotten better but while I liked their tap room I didn't think Bottle Logic's beer was all that good.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
You can't fall down in Southern California without hitting some establishment that has multiple local brews. Seems like if you don't have 20+ taps you are lagging the crowd. Hope you like IPAs as they dominate the local scene (though recently there has been more lagers and blondes coming out), it's almost a dare to see who can put the most hops in their beer.

Tap House is cool for a chain. Slater's 50/50 is pretty cool, ton of beer options and a good menu. Their signature sandwich is a burger made of 50% beef and 50% ground bacon. I haven't been to the one in Anaheim but they have a location in my neighborhood and I've heard good things about the Anaheim restaurant.