Belated Introduction

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I guess I should have done this in December when i joined but better late than never right?

Born in Oskaloosa, went to high school in Harlan. Both my parents are ISU grads and so is my older brother. I graduated from ISU in December with a Bachelor of Liberal Studies and now live in Omaha. I was born a fan of ISU athletics, mainly football and mens basketball. I am also a Yankees fan because my relative, Bud Daley (I have 2 of his baseball cards!), pitched a world series game back in the 60's for the eventual world champs. Living in Iowa I never really got in to pro sports much so I really don't have favorite NFL or NBA teams, mainly just follow my favorite collegiate athletes and their careers (I have always liked collegiate competition more than professional).

Favorite Cyclone - Johnny Orr, I have met him in person a few times- awesome guy exemplifies what being a cyclone is all about. Jamaal Tinsley is my favorite player.
Favorite Cyclone Possession - Autographed Troy Davis mini ISU football. Not worth much on Ebay but totally awesome in my eyes. A close second would be my Des Moines Register photo clipout of Kelvin Cato blocking Paul Pierce. Awesome photo and I kept it.
Favorite Cyclone Memory - Elite Eight Tournament run in 2000. One of my favorite teams and will never forget that season.

Love all the info on this site and visit it almost every day, sometimes most of the day (today being one of those days!). Love the enthusiasm of some of the fans and I share your excitement about ISU! GO STATE!

Reactions: Palmer

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
Glad to have you.
You will love this site.
The people are just great.
I am jealous of you that you live in Omaha.
(Nice looking women and my favorite restaurant in the whole world, Pasta Amore, is located there.)

GO CYCLONES :yes:

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I am also a Yankees fan because my relative, Bud Daley (I have 2 of his baseball cards!), pitched a world series game back in the 60's for the eventual world champs.

I definitely had the 1963 Bud Daley Topps card but don't think I had the 1964. For whatever reason I can remember all the cards I had and the actual poses on each one, probably because I looked at them and sorted them constantly when I was growing up. What relation is he to you and if it's not too personal, what is he doing now??