Best Buy

Jason A

Nov 8, 2007
I was at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and see that they now sell Mac's. With the recent threads on here about Best Buy vs online purchasing sources and Mac's vs PC's I was wondering if anyone had advice about purchasing a Mac from Best Buy... are these built the same as the ones you can order directly from Apple online - the prices seem to be the same? Is there a cheaper source for a Mac? Thanks.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I always wanted to work at Best Buy in high school because of the mega discounts...

yeah, those are really nice. my roomate worked there for awhile and i definitely got the benefits of that.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I was at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and see that they now sell Mac's. With the recent threads on here about Best Buy vs online purchasing sources and Mac's vs PC's I was wondering if anyone had advice about purchasing a Mac from Best Buy... are these built the same as the ones you can order directly from Apple online - the prices seem to be the same? Is there a cheaper source for a Mac? Thanks.

They're all going to be the same - and Apple has rules in their contracts that state the prices the computers and iPods have to be sold at, that's why you never seen the prices change. The only way retailers get around the rule is by bundling other goodies with the purchase to entice people to buy from them. If you go to MacMall.com - they're the biggest online Mac retailer apart from Apple.com. They usually have good discounts on older models (new but replaced by a newly announced version) and they usually throw in quite a few goodies.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I don't shop there a whole lot but I like the store. The things that I have bought there are only video games and CDs. Those you can't tell a difference. But I would agree that the store is way over priced on some things. My sister bought a tv from target that was almost $80 more at Best Buy. I guess price shopping pays off.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
:confused:

Have you had good luck with Buy.com? I have been looking at DSLRs online, but I am very leery of some online stores.

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I haven't bought anything from them in some time, but the last few things I did they had a comparative list of pricing from other vendors.