Better Call Saul

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm curious on how jimmy wins his suit. Does chuck have a breakdown in court? Does the question about jimmy have a key and chuck changing locks make a difference.

It is now clear that chuck took the Reynolds wrap off his walls since he knew he was setting up jimmy and would need to have the lawyer there and didn't want to appear kooky.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I'm curious on how jimmy wins his suit. Does chuck have a breakdown in court? Does the question about jimmy have a key and chuck changing locks make a difference.

It is now clear that chuck took the Reynolds wrap off his walls since he knew he was setting up jimmy and would need to have the lawyer there and didn't want to appear kooky.
Couple things. I agree with this, but am dumbfounded about how easy it was for Chuck to just stroll outside to talk to Jimmy.

Second, if Jimmy is going to represent himself and knows Chuck is going to take the stand, he knows Chuck has to appear competent and sane. There's no way the court turns off the lights or all electronics, and Chuck said he's ok for a "short amount of time". I'm guessing Jimmy cross examines him for hours under the glaring lights of the court room and sends him to the hospital again.

Lastly, I thought there was an incredible amount of foreshadowing in this episode. The doctors office with the bell, then the wheelchair. When Jimmy was giving all his stuff over to the jail, I thought it was him symbolically becoming Saul, maybe not.

Also, what was up with Kim's montage of working out, showering, with the funky music? It coincided with Jimmy's funky music, so I got completely lost.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Jimmy's reaponse to Chuck was beautiful in a Saul Goodman sort of way. Saul is coming to the surface. I agree that Jimmy will bring out the worst in Chuck and paint him as a kook. Chuck will freak out and the Saul will emerge.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

JMO but I don't think he wins, he accepts the deal offered gets disbarred and can't practice law under the name James McGill, which is why he changes his name to Saul Goodman.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
That almost seems to happen too quickly though. What's left to do in the show?

Yea, this is making me nervous how they will get another season or two of quality out of this. With the introduction of Gus to Mike, about all that is left is what happens to Chuck (foreshadowed hospital stay with no help from Jimmy), how Jimmy and Kim "break up", and the emergence of Saul. I guess a stroke from Hector, and maybe a cameo by WW or JP?

Hope next year is not the end.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Yea, this is making me nervous how they will get another season or two of quality out of this. With the introduction of Gus to Mike, about all that is left is what happens to Chuck (foreshadowed hospital stay with no help from Jimmy), how Jimmy and Kim "break up", and the emergence of Saul. I guess a stroke from Hector, and maybe a cameo by WW or JP?

End on a high like BB.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

I think there's plenty of story lines to play out still. I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the final season though.

• Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
JMO but I don't think he wins, he accepts the deal offered gets disbarred and can't practice law under the name James McGill, which is why he changes his name to Saul Goodman.

as much as Saul Goodman advertises .... and how small of a circle the lawyers seem to have in this area, I can't buy that James gets disbarred.

I think the deal, will allow him to practice law, but Chuck requires not in the name McGill.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
as much as Saul Goodman advertises .... and how small of a circle the lawyers seem to have in this area, I can't buy that James gets disbarred.

I think the deal, will allow him to practice law, but Chuck requires not in the name McGill.

Something like that is most believable. If nothing else, the judges all know him, so a simple name change won't get the job done if he were disbarred.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008

Agree. Jimmy probably causes Chuck problems on the stand, as he will either freak out from the lights or go on a rant a la Col. Jessup. With the case becoming unhinged and with Jimmy on the cusp of possible acquittal, Chuck will agree to let Jimmy keep his license as long as he never practices under the name McGill. Just proving that he does not care about Jimmy at all, just Jimmy's perceived impact on his reputation and good name. Which makes his concerns about his reputation deliciously ironic, given everyone knows he is a fruit loop.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
I think there's plenty of story lines to play out still. I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the final season though.
One thing about this show is they can just end it at any time, no need for a big final episode to wrap things up since we already know what happens to the main characters other than Chuck and Kim.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
One thing about this show is they can just end it at any time, no need for a big final episode to wrap things up since we already know what happens to the main characters other than Chuck and Kim.
They certainly could, but there would be so many threads left loose.

What happened to Kim?
What happened to Chuck?
When does Jimmy become Saul?
When does Hector become wheelchair bound?

We know where Jimmy ends up, we just don't know how he got there. IMO, they've still got a ways to go to get there.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010

I think that is a good theory and it may end up being correct, but part of me thinks that Jimmy is the one who is willing to change his name with some of his comments about how Chuck destroyed the family. I could see Jimmy wanting to be disassociated with the McGill name after it's all said and done with his trail.

Last edited by a moderator:

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I still think there's a final season with Jimmy, post Breaking Bad. They won't end this show with him ending up as a Cinnabon manager.