Better Call Saul

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Yea, this is making me nervous how they will get another season or two of quality out of this. With the introduction of Gus to Mike, about all that is left is what happens to Chuck (foreshadowed hospital stay with no help from Jimmy), how Jimmy and Kim "break up", and the emergence of Saul. I guess a stroke from Hector, and maybe a cameo by WW or JP?

Hope next year is not the end.

Agreed, however I don't think we should see only the emergence of Saul. They'll also need some time showing Saul knee-deep in being a "criminal" lawyer. He was established in that area by his introduction in BB.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Am I the only one who thought the scene where Mike shot the shoe was a bit too far-fetched? I know, I know...suspend my disbelief...there are many other questionably believable things that have happened, but even in the context of this show that was a bit much for me to swallow. I mean, the drugs just happen to sprinkle down onto the back bumper? What are the odds? Come on. lol.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Am I the only one who thought the scene where Mike shot the shoe was a bit too far-fetched? I know, I know...suspend my disbelief...there are many other questionably believable things that have happened, but even in the context of this show that was a bit much for me to swallow. I mean, the drugs just happen to sprinkle down onto the back bumper? What are the odds? Come on. lol.
Well...I mean, if the truck is driving, the drugs are going to sprinkle wherever the truck drives under it. Right?

It took me until the next morning to realize the shoes at the start of the episode were a flash forward. At the beginning of the episode, the shoes had a bullet hole through them and the STOP (ALTO) was all shot up. At the end of the episode (before Mike shot), the line had no shoes and the sign was untouched. There was a scene in Breaking Bad where Gus sent Mike to protect his truck and there was a gun fight...at that intersection.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
It took me until the next morning to realize the shoes at the start of the episode were a flash forward. At the beginning of the episode, the shoes had a bullet hole through them and the STOP (ALTO) was all shot up. At the end of the episode (before Mike shot), the line had no shoes and the sign was untouched. There was a scene in Breaking Bad where Gus sent Mike to protect his truck and there was a gun fight...at that intersection.

See, for me it is the attention to details such as this that make for great storytelling and an enjoyable show to watch. Gilligan's writing is often woven such that the viewer has to pay attention to really appreciate such fine detail, spanning across both series now.

I remember being hooked on BB (binge watched to get caught up near the end of its run) when the season opener used a flash-forward to the eyeball floating in the pool. I just had to keep watching to find out what the heck that was all about, but wasn't revealed until much later in the season. Kinda like he's doing with the Cinnabon thing now.

BCS started out slow for me, but I'm really getting into it as of late.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
BCS started out slow for me, but I'm really getting into it as of late.
I definitely think BCS is much more of a slow burn than BB. There's obviously not going to be as much of a story since we know how it ends for the most part, so they're spending more time diving into individual characters to show more depth. Both series have triggered an incredible amount of anxiety for though.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Well...I mean, if the truck is driving, the drugs are going to sprinkle wherever the truck drives under it. Right?

Man, I never would have remembered that on my own. Been a while since I watched BB, and the wife refuses to watch it again.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

I noticed this too. The stop sign at the beginning had bullet holes, but when he threw the shoes up later it was not shot up.

• Informative
Reactions: arobb

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I never watched BB, but love BCS. Just finished season 2 on Netflix, now starting season 3 on psvue.

You HAVE to watch BB then. BCS is good, but BB is even better. I still haven't found a series that I've enjoyed as much as BB. I'm actually jealous of you that you haven't seen it yet. You will love it.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
You HAVE to watch BB then. BCS is good, but BB is even better. I still haven't found a series that I've enjoyed as much as BB. I'm actually jealous of you that you haven't seen it yet. You will love it.
I would love to watch it, but I don't watch a ton of tv and it would take me forever to watch it all.

cyclonefreak

Apr 26, 2013
My guess is that maybe the photos Mike took are of the door after it was repaired showing no damage. Chuck won't be able to refute that fact later as he has no repairman to call to the stand. They still may have a problem with there being another tape out there though. Not sure how they will get around that.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
My guess is that maybe the photos Mike took are of the door after it was repaired showing no damage. Chuck won't be able to refute that fact later as he has no repairman to call to the stand. They still may have a problem with there being another tape out there though. Not sure how they will get around that.
Yeah, but the private investigator was there and surely could attest to the break-in as well as the other destruction. I think the photos are going to be used to show Chuck is mentally unstable and give further credence to Jimmy's "I only told him what he wanted to hear to make him feel better -- I didn't actually do it" defense to explain what was said on the tape.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Yeah, but the private investigator was there and surely could attest to the break-in as well as the other destruction. I think the photos are going to be used to show Chuck is mentally unstable and give further credence to Jimmy's "I only told him what he wanted to hear to make him feel better -- I didn't actually do it" defense to explain what was said on the tape.
But he already confessed

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron