Big 12 gets another revenue bump ...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The one true champion where Baylor and tcu tie but bowlsby doesn't have a tie breaker so we miss the playoffs. Then he has the expansion talks where we talk to teams and then announce we aren't doing anything. Baylor has the mountain of assault, rape, and other issues and they get punished by saying, we will hold some revenue but give it back when we feel things are ok. Bowlsby has shown ability to pull a paycheck and that is the extent of it.
I think it is really delusional to think that a written tiebreaker would have made a lick of difference. When you hear the media throw around a new and completely arbitrary metric of "record against the top 60" you had to know they were looking for an excuse, any excuse to get that big 10 team in the playoff.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
After thinking about this a little more since my last post I wonder if conferences will break down into smaller ones, not consolidate into larger entities. If the TV money won't be there to entice the large conferences, will they all become Big XII-like? Will be an interesting future of college sports for sure.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it is really delusional to think that a written tiebreaker would have made a lick of difference. When you hear the media throw around a new and completely arbitrary metric of "record against the top 60" you had to know they were looking for an excuse, any excuse to get that big 10 team in the playoff.

I don't think it was 100% the reason we missed out, but it gave them an excuse when we couldn't even announce one after the one true champion campaign. We needed to force the bias to be exposed quicker and not allow them any extra excuses.