February 10 at Missouri - Win
February 13 at No. 1 Kansas - Lose
February 17 Oklahoma State - Win
February 20 Texas A&M - Win
February 24 Nebraska - Win
February 27 at Colorado - Win
March 2 Missouri - Win
March 6 at No. 10 Kansas State - Lose

Ending Big 12 play at 10-6? Possible? Thoughts?

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
The way Mizzou played at home against K-State, that is going to be a tough one to win. Both on the road and at home.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
That would definitely be a great season. At least there is some positive thinking going on still. I know things are not going well as far as play and team chemistry, but there is still time for this season to change. I know all the negatives, people have more than pointed them out. But at the same time look at our record. I think most people would have predicted us with 3 losses at this point in the season. And there still isn't a "bad" loss on our resume. UNI should be ranked, Cal was a preseason pick to win the Pac-10 by some, Duke is...well Duke, and Northwestern is not a bad team.

I think everyone, including the coach, is most upset with the energy and hard work of the team. It can still be changed, and we can still look NCAA. Starting to even talk of shooting for NIT at this point is not getting us anywhere. We just need to start playing like we care.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
The way Mizzou played at home against K-State, that is going to be a tough one to win. Both on the road and at home.

I just don't think Mizzou is going to jump out of the page this year. Nebraska could be a sleeper. But look at the conference, nobody really jumps out of the page this year (KU and Texas I guess) I think we could go in tearing things up.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Sure, our record so far isn't bad, but I don't know that you can consider that enough to predict something like 10-6. Sure, all the teams that beat us were solid squads, but who have we beat that is worth anything. Can anybody honestly say that we have beat a team so far this season that you would think would win more than one or two games playing a Big 12 schedule? I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a concern with us having any bad losses so far, I have a concern with a lack of quality wins.

jpete24

SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Why should Nebraska beat us? We already have a common opponent, we have better talent. I suppose you are assuming that we can't play away?

Yeah I would say were going to lose away at either Mizzou or Nebraska. We won't win both. Interchange those as you feel.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Sure, our record so far isn't bad, but I don't know that you can consider that enough to predict something like 10-6. Sure, all the teams that beat us were solid squads, but who have we beat that is worth anything. Can anybody honestly say that we have beat a team so far this season that you would think would win more than one or two games playing a Big 12 schedule? I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a concern with us having any bad losses so far, I have a concern with a lack of quality wins.

Agreed. Nothing I've seen from this team indicates a 10 win Big 12 team. We do not have one single good win on our resume to date and every team we've played with a pulse, has beaten us. Houston would be the best win we have so far and that's marginal.

If this "team" becomes a team, yes, if not 4-5 wins tops.

I agree again. This team looks no better than the ones we trotted out on the court the past few season. The difference is the previous teams did play with better toughness and teamwork...but lacked talent. The current one has more talent but plays soft and not well together.

Greg said very clearly up front the key would be getting these guys to understand their individual roles, fit into them and play as a team. So far, this has not happened which puts us where we are today. On the surface, 4 losses does not look like the end of the world. However, when watching this team and looking at the resume so far - then look at what's to come on the schedule - it doesn't paint a great picture.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames

I really can't argue with you at that point. But I'm saying we can get them and have the potential to get them if we play hard. I honestly think that we have a shot at Texas at home. I think we match up better against them than Duke or Cal. We really need to make a game of this one, even if we don't win we need to be in it until the end.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
January 13 No. 2 Texas - Lose
January 16 at Nebraska - Lose
January 20 at Texas Tech - Win
January 23 No. 1 Kansas - Lose
January 27 at Oklahoma - Win
January 30 Colorado - Win
February 3 at Baylor - Lose
February 6 No. 10 Kansas State - Win
February 10 at Missouri - Win
February 13 at No. 1 Kansas - Lose
March 2 Missouri - Win

Ending Big 12 play at 10-6? Possible? Thoughts?

January 13 No. 2 Texas - Lose by a lot
January 20 at Texas Tech - Lose
January 23 No. 1 Kansas - Lose by a lot
January 27 at Oklahoma - Lose
February 6 No. 10 Kansas State - Lose
February 10 at Missouri - Lose
February 13 at No. 1 Kansas - Lose by a lot
March 2 Missouri - Win

I am saying 6-10 in conference for a 10 seed in the Big 12 tournament. Will have to win the whole thing for any shot at the NCAA's this year.

jpete24

SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Were not going to lose every away game this year. Especially against Texas Tech. I think 6-10 is giving the Big 12 too much credit this year.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
January 13 No. 2 Texas - Lose by a lot
January 20 at Texas Tech - Lose
January 23 No. 1 Kansas - Lose by a lot
January 27 at Oklahoma - Lose
February 6 No. 10 Kansas State - Lose
February 10 at Missouri - Lose
February 13 at No. 1 Kansas - Lose by a lot
March 2 Missouri - Win

I am saying 6-10 in conference for a 10 seed in the Big 12 tournament. Will have to win the whole thing for any shot at the NCAA's this year.

This is almost my exact thought. I think you have one win too many though, no way ISU wins @CU. I think Morgan did with Stinson and Will, maybe Larry did it. ISU does not win there.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Were not going to lose every away game this year. Especially against Texas Tech. I think 6-10 is giving the Big 12 too much credit this year.

How many road conference games has ISU won under McD? ISU may win a road game this season but I think at best ISU wins 4-5 home games in the conference. If you believe 10-6 is possible you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Winning at Missouri would be a miracle at this point. They have been killing people at home all season (just beat #10 K-State at home) and have the nations 2nd longest homecourt winning streak. Much, much more likely to win at Nebraska.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Well, the Big 12 is the best conference in the country this season based on their performance in the non-con season. So the Big 12 deserves plenty of credit.

"Especially against Texas Tech?" Why especially against Texas Tech. They have had an excellent season thus far and have been in the Top 25 for much of the non-con season. Best chances to win away games will be CU, NU, and OU.

Have you been following the Big 12 this season?