Big 12 Tourney Tix Question

loneCYClone

Feb 20, 2024
Going down to KC for the first time this year. We will be there for Friday and Saturday, no tickets purchased yet. I figured just being in the PandL district will be enjoyable enough and hopefully we're playing both of those days. If a secondary market ticket buying opportunity presents itself and the price makes sense then great, otherwise just good to be down there.

I'm seeing $50 tickets for the championship game right now and thinking that's a good price, even if we don't make it that far. As veteran fans of this tourney, what do you all recommend?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Going down to KC for the first time this year. We will be there for Friday and Saturday, no tickets purchased yet. I figured just being in the PandL district will be enjoyable enough and hopefully we're playing both of those days. If a secondary market ticket buying opportunity presents itself and the price makes sense then great, otherwise just good to be down there.

I'm seeing $50 tickets for the championship game right now and thinking that's a good price, even if we don't make it that far. As veteran fans of this tourney, what do you all recommend?

Kansas holds a lot of the all session passes so once they get bounced I would expect the secondary market to get flooded with tix. Likewise the opposite session of KU on Thursday should drop as well yet. Fans won't post those tickets until they know when KU plays.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

$50 is a great price if KU, KSU or ISU is in the finals!

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
What sites are you using for purchasing tickets? I'm in the exact same boat but I might be going with a KU grad :puke:

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I’ve attended the last 4 ISU championship games. Bought tickets from Tickets for Less on Friday for $100-$175 each, upper level.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
My experience is that the tournament is fun even without tickets, so you definitely are on the right track. There is usually a large screen viewing area in the P&L where fans congregate and the pep rallies are held. Grab your favorite bev. & enjoy the games.

The price of tickets typically depend on which teams advance. KU, KSU and ISU create the most demand. The semis can be a tougher buy if all three teams remain in it. If KU loses in the semis then there will be many finals tickets available. Give or take, $50 for finals is not exorbitant, unless all three are out.

We are basketball junkies so we get the full session passes and watch much Big 12 basketball live.

Highly encourage people to go. We have had much fun in KC over the years.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
$50 is a great price if KU, KSU or ISU is in the finals!

I'm not seeing that price anywhere...

With that being said, we got in for the title game against WVU for $25 a ticket. Bought those after Kansas beat TCU on Thursday.

loneCYClone

Feb 20, 2024
I'm not seeing that price anywhere...

With that being said, we got in for the title game against WVU for $25 a ticket. Bought those after Kansas beat TCU on Thursday.
The $50 tickets I'm seeing are on SeatGeek. Honestly thinking about pulling the trigger. It's a great price even if we're not playing...