Big Ten bowl record - worse than last year?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I think the Big 10 will be lucky to win one bowl game again this year:

Rose - Ohio State vs. Oregon. Oddly, they had 2 common opponents. Oregon beat USC & Purdue. Ohio State lost to USC & Purdue. This is the best team Ohio State has played all year.

Orange - Iowa vs. Georgia Tech. Oddly this may be the Big 10's best chance for a win. GT is in a BCS bowl after winning a very weak ACC, and they're a one-dimensional team.

Cap One - Penn State vs. LSU. Penn State's resume is 10 wins with the signature win against Temple? Akron? They have not played a team as good as LSU in a long time and have not beaten a team this good in longer.

Outback - Northwestern vs. Auburn. I would like to see the Big 10 win this one for a couple of reasons (not just Chizik, I respect the job Fitzgerald does at NW). But I think Auburn has way too much talent to lose to Northwestern.

Champs Sports - Wisconsin vs. Miami. Speed vs. no speed.

Alamo - Michigan State vs. Texas Technical. MSU will be missing at least ten players from a team that wasn't very good to begin with.

Insight - Minnesota vs. Iowa State. Minnesota w/o Decker has no offense, little defense, less discipline, and a coach who is on the hot seat.

I think 2-5, 1-6, or 0-7 are the possibilities the Big Ten is facing. Again.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that PSU has a very good shot at winning.

Iowa is probably 50/50. They usually thrive on beating running teams, but their run D isn't as good this year as it has been in the past.

tOSU is probably going to get throttled...but Oregon can be a little bit streaky.

ISU/MN is an interesting game. ISU really struggles stopping spread teams, but can hang in there vs the run. MN would have probably passed more with Decker. I expect a low scoring game here.

You'd think that Miami would kill Wisky, but they've struggled at times. I don't think this will be a close game. One of the two will run away with it and we'll know who by the end of the 1st quarter.

NW/Auburn should be entertaining. Auburn played well against Bama. If they can keep that up, NW doesn't have a chance. We all know that Chizik will probably coach them down during bowl practices though.

I expect TT to beat MSU. They'll get healthy and be able to score just enough.

I don't think that the conference will only have one win. Probably 2-5 or 3-4 I'd guess.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I think Ohio State and Iowa both will win their games and iowa def should be favored. I just have a feeling OSU will beat the Pac 10 champ.

Penn State shouldn't be able to hang with LSU.

Would LOVE to see NW beat Auburn, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

Wisconsin, nope. Miami should win fairly easily.

Michigan State, not much of a change. I think they'll compete more than what people think with the whole off the field issues going on but Tech will win.

Minny/ISU should not be one ISU should start writing off as a win. I think it's gonna be close either way. You never know exactly what you're going to get with Iowa State. I just hope for our sakes we get up early and score often, idk why but I don't trust our come from behind ability if Minny gets up by 2TD's or more.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
That's a tough slate of games now that I look at it. Minnesota is one of their best chances at a win and I don't think those chances are too good.

Iowa should probably win. I could see Michigan State being testy with Tech, even with the suspicions. That Miami v Wisconsin game will be interesting. I could see that being like the Wisconsin v FSU bowl last year.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
For those of you thinking LSU is an for sure loss for PSU can you give your reasons (other than PSU hasn't beaten anyone)

LSU's offense isn't exactly all world, not to mention the fact that PSU does have a very good defense. I'm not sure PSU can score very much against LSU's good defense, but I also don't think they'll have to.

I'd also say PSU holds a pretty big edge in coaching.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think 2-5 or 3-4. 0-7 would be funny but at least one opponent just flat-out won't show up. It always happens.

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
For those of you thinking LSU is an for sure loss for PSU can you give your reasons (other than PSU hasn't beaten anyone)

LSU's offense isn't exactly all world, not to mention the fact that PSU does have a very good defense. I'm not sure PSU can score very much against LSU's good defense, but I also don't think they'll have to.

I'd also say PSU holds a pretty big edge in coaching.

Agreed, if people will take off their hate filled glasses they might just see something different.

Penn St will be just fine in this game.