Big Time Transfer Visiting Iowa; 4 Star Recruit Out of HS

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Have zero info but I wouldn't trust a coach in this situation. He just wanted him on medical hardship so he could get the scholly back. Of course, that doesn't say much for what Sumlin thought of his talent

Sometimes these things a legitimate and doctors surrounding different teams will disagree on the long term effects of an injury. a couple years ago some coach got a bunch of grief for supposedly ending a kids career. The kid transferred, tried to practice and couldn't keep going. So a guy just got accused of pushing a kid out to make room when he was actually working in the best interests of the kid.

Obviously there are other cases where kids are pushed out but a RS Fr linemen is a little young to give up on IMO.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Sounds like this guy will be a Hawk and will be walking on at least his first year. As long as everything is OK with his transcripts, it sounds like a done deal.

Aug 26, 2014
Sounds like this guy will be a Hawk and will be walking on at least his first year. As long as everything is OK with his transcripts, it sounds like a done deal.
Great, you will still have a bottom 5 offense in Power 5 football for the next several years. Enjoy.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I promise you that you wouldn't have been anywhere near 42 at the end of the year. Better chance that the score would have been the other way around. New coach, early game action, but we were much better at the end and will destroy you next Fall.

How many points you giving me, I'll take that bet.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, just poor defense. I really didn't know a defense could be that bad that it could make last years O look that good.

I've never seen an offense fire off the ball like Iowa did last year. Plus you could tell they had been prepping for that game for months and let's not even talk about the sideline being so hyped and players flying to the ball on defense unlike any other game last year