Big XII Football in 2011

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
Maybe this has been talked about but I haven't seen it. Do we know what the plans are for the conference in 2011 when Nebraska is gone but Colorado is still here? I think by NCAA rules we cannot have a conference championship game with less then 12, but we can petition for a waiver. Would we just drop divisions but keep most of the games the same, just replacing Nebraksa with a south team that was supposed to play Nebraska?

Last edited:

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
I just figured they would do the schedule like the Big 10 does now with 11 teams. My guess is that we'll play the remaining North teams,Texas, Texax Tech, and OU as scheduled, then another South team to make up for Nebraska.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I think they will kick CU to the curb with Nebby. With Utah to the PAC of wolves, they just as well get going.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
I think they will kick CU to the curb with Nebby. With Utah to the PAC of wolves, they just as well get going.

To be honest I'd like to see that too, but its a significant difference in buyout money with the 1 year difference. So if we forced them out earlier then the Colorado would be saying they aren't going to pay.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
To be honest I'd like to see that too, but its a significant difference in buyout money with the 1 year difference. So if we forced them out earlier then the Colorado would be saying they aren't going to pay.

I think you have it backwards. They'd have to pay more to leave sooner. But what we would be saying is that they can pay (less) as if they're leaving in 2 years, but leave in 1 year instead.

The major problem I would see with this is Nebraska would have a case that they should only pay as if they're leaving in 2 years as well.