Big XII Television Payouts

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Texas did not receive the largest television payout nor did ISU receive the smallest payout among Big 12 members.

"According IRS tax records examined by The Associated Press, the Big 12 paid out between $8.7 million to $15.4 million per school in 2008-09, with Kansas State getting the smallest payout and Oklahoma the biggest."

Link:
Promise of bigger TV dollars drove Big 12 survival - Yahoo! Sports

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Texas did not receive the largest television payout nor did ISU receive the smallest payout among Big 12 members.

"According IRS tax records examined by The Associated Press, the Big 12 paid out between $8.7 million to $15.4 million per school in 2008-09, with Kansas State getting the smallest payout and Oklahoma the biggest."

Link:
Promise of bigger TV dollars drove Big 12 survival - Yahoo! Sports

Nice find. Interesting how facts like this receive very little posting. I guess they don't get the juices flowing like the emotional rants about great big bad UT abusing poor little old ISU.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Wait a minute...hold the phone...

Facts are not allowed in this conversation.:jimlad:

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I just saw this article on CNN-SI. I found it interesting that CU will be financing their lost revenue resulting from the buy-out provisions.

If you were a banker, would you give CU a loan? That athletic department is a mess from what I hear.

TexasCy

Feb 6, 2010
Kingwood, Texas
Nice find. Interesting how facts like this receive very little posting. I guess they don't get the juices flowing like the emotional rants about great big bad UT abusing poor little old ISU.

It's tiring...all the anti-Texas talk. Especially since they saved ISU. A little gratitude would be nice.

All the "little people" who complain about big bad Tejas, have a little-green-man on their shoulder.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It's tiring...all the anti-Texas talk. Especially since they saved ISU. A little gratitude would be nice.

All the "little people" who complain about big bad Tejas, have a little-green-man on their shoulder.

Well, they did almost bury ISU in their process of looking for the best deal possible for their school. So saving li'l ol' ISU when it was shown to them that the Big 12 was going to be their best option was probably the LEAST that they could do...

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames

I have 2 words for you that I think are equally foolish:

1) saved
2) blackmailed

"saved" would imply that it was magnanimous. It would overlook the revenue that Texas is now guaranteed -- coming directly out of 5 school's pockets -- IF necessary.

"blackmailed" would imply that Texas if evil, and ISU won't see greater revenue despite the possibility of forgoing some revenue in order to maintain a viable conference.

anti-Texas is stupid. Texas worship is also stupid.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I just saw this article on CNN-SI. I found it interesting that CU will be financing their lost revenue resulting from the buy-out provisions.

If you were a banker, would you give CU a loan? That athletic department is a mess from what I hear.

Maybe CU better start drilling some oil wells. They will need the revenue for the next five years till the PAC Ten gets a new TV contract.

Bottom line, CU :wacko:is beginning to appear
that CU:swoon: has made a disastrous financial decision.

From Buffs to Butts.
Hope the team food stamps last.

Last edited:

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Especially since they saved ISU. A little gratitude would be nice.

Let's get one thing straight. Texas didn't save ISU. Texas took care of Texas.

Rest assured, anything Texas has ever done, is doing, or ever will do will never be done to affect ISU at all. If Texas' decision this week worked in favor of ISU, it was completely by accident, and/or just plain unavoidable.

ISU snuck back into the Big 12 on the bottom of Texas' shoe as they walked all over us.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We did see that the Big east and MWC would be a bigger reach than CUSA in the end. After reading the articles, maybe our rival should be Baylor as we tied them for least mentions in the conference breakup articles.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Let's get one thing straight. Texas didn't save ISU. Texas took care of Texas.

Rest assured, anything Texas has ever done, is doing, or ever will do will never be done to affect ISU at all. If Texas' decision this week worked in favor of ISU, it was completely by accident, and/or just plain unavoidable.

ISU snuck back into the Big 12 on the bottom of Texas' shoe as they walked all over us.

Exactly. Texas stayed because Texas A&M was being courted by the SEC and was about to blow up Texas's whole plan to take the big 12 south minus baylor to the Pac-10. Iowa State NEVER came into texas's decision making progress.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

Texas didn't "save" anyone. It was Texas that put the fear on God in us in the first place. We just got lucky that Texas's best interests ended up aligning with ours.