Boston Bachelor Party

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
My buddy is getting married and we are going to Boston for his Bachelor Party. Were doing a tour of Fenway, going to a Sox/Sox game (he's from Chicago), and going to the Cheers bar. Planning on doing the Blue Bank Pavilion for a Rebelution concert too.
Anyone have any suggestions to go big in Boston?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Skip Cheers. Overrated.

Harpoon is a good brewery tour.

Agree on Cheers. Just get a picture standing outside. Didn't do the Harpoon tour but the taproom is cool. Legal Seafood is really good. Union Oyster is more historic. If you're into history, the freedom trail is cool.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Ha! That's what I figured. Probably try to sell you a bunch of merch. Our group likes beer so maybe well hit up the suggested breweries.

My wife lived there for a time when we were dating, so we made the trip, but it was basically a quick pass-though, see the "set bar" (which is not the actual bar, but one set up in the basement that looks like the one in the TV show), and get an overpriced mug with the Cheers logo.

Boston is a great city for drinking beer. I believe Sam Adams has a beer that's only available on-tap in Boston and is sold at quite a few places. Think it's called something like Brick Red.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Agree on Cheers. Just get a picture standing outside. Didn't do the Harpoon tour but the taproom is cool. Legal Seafood is really good. Union Oyster is more historic. If you're into history, the freedom trail is cool.

At the end of the tour, you get to spend a few minutes in the tap room with (I think) as many refills as you can get of your souvenir glass. Legal Harborside is like 2 blocks from the Harpoon Brewery, so if the weather's decent, stop there to eat (and drink some more). I would assume you'd be into taking the T if your doing the bachelor party thing.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
As people have said make sure to find a seafood place. Oysters and chowder, maybe some striped bass. A good guys trip idea would be a charter fishing. Not exactly bachelor party material but I would love to do a historical tour.