Bourbon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Cody Road burbon from Mississippi River Distilling Company in Leclaire has a nice flavor to this burbon neophyte.
CR_Bourbon_252B0363.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I can get by on Ten High, but prefer Ancient Age. Not pricey and has a nice finish. Very occasionally I'll go Cedar Ridge.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
where do I begin? I have about 60 different bourbons. Four roses, old granddad, Elijah craig, rebel yell, rowans creek, noah's mill. And then there are barrel proofs, bonded, bourbon finished in wine, sherry, and port barrels. My advice is to taste different offerings at the bars that offer variety, decide if you like wheated or high rye bourbons, explore and then decide what you like. Check the larger Hy Vee store, independent liquor stores (central city in DSM). In fact ask Tom at Central City for a taste. They have several different bottles to taste, both scotch and bourbon. There are also some good whiskey/bourbon groups on Facebook with very knowledgeable and opinionated members that can help
I bought a 750 of Four Roses today since Ankeny Hy-Vee had it on sale for $21.00. Very good stuff