Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Prudy had an incredible career at ISU, no one could deny him that, but as good as he was, boarding on great sometimes, for the team to go where we all wanted it to go this year, he had to have a Joe Borrows type of year. I heard an interview with Purdy this fall, where he said he was working on the mental aspect of the game and trying to eliminate silly plays that costs the team.

Just too many "what the hell was that play" from Purdy this year and in his entire career at ISU, like many I am ready to turn the page and looking forward to seeing what Dekker can bring to the table next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: criticalobserver

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Think he really pressed a lot this year and caused him to play a bit more stiff and cautious when really he was at his best when he was playing carefree football slinging it around the field and being an opportunistic scrambler. Something changed about halfway thru his career and while he was still an above replacement level QB, he didn't really make the progress you were hoping to see him make. Whether he was over or under coached, or just mentally psyched himself out, he just wasn't the same at the end of the day. He'll be missed, but I think the ceiling is higher at QB for this program.

Reactions: WhoISthis