dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Iowa State Stats

Ranking in Big 12
12.Iowa State.......... 20.5 points per game

3. Iowa State.......... 180.0 Rushing yards per game

9. Iowa State..........184.7 Passing YPG

5. Iowa State.......... 21.8 Scoring Defense

4. Iowa State........... Turnover margin: +4....

INT thrown: 17
Turnovers forced: 32

Wins: 7

Which categories are we going to improve on, which are we going to get worse on?

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Iowa State Stats

Ranking in Big 12
12.Iowa State.......... 20.5 points per game I think this will go up as a result of a more balanced and efficient offense.

3. Iowa State.......... 180.0 Rushing yards per game I think this will go down because our passing game will be better. YPC may be the same or higher, but YPG will be lower.

9. Iowa State..........184.7 Passing YPG I think this will go up because our line should still be good in protection, Arnaud should be more poised and know where the receivers will be, and the receivers will perform better.

5. Iowa State.......... 21.8 Scoring Defense I think this will stay between 20-24.

4. Iowa State........... Turnover margin: +4.... I think this will stay about the same. We'll get fewer turnovers, but turn it over less ourselves.

INT thrown: 17 See above - fewer turnovers mostly due to fewer INTs.
Turnovers forced: 32 Fewer turnovers forced. If the Nebraska win had been more typical, we'd have had maybe 24 - 26 turnovers, and a 0 - -4 margin on the season.

Wins: 7 I'm hoping for a push, with our offensive improvements balancing out our drop in overall defensive performance.

Which categories are we going to improve on, which are we going to get worse on?

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Iowa State Stats

Ranking in Big 12
12.Iowa State.......... 20.5 points per game

3. Iowa State.......... 180.0 Rushing yards per game

9. Iowa State..........184.7 Passing YPG

5. Iowa State.......... 21.8 Scoring Defense

4. Iowa State........... Turnover margin: +4....

INT thrown: 17
Turnovers forced: 32

Wins: 7

Improve - Pending the offense stays healthy, it should be more productive
Push - That's a lot of yards, and we all better hope like hell Arnaud improves passing
Improve - See end of last answer.
Worse - Worse. We played some real jokes last year. Oklahoma and Texas are going to throw up big numbers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Missouri and Texas Tech also do.
Worse - The Nebraska game was a fluke and helped a lot.
Improve - Arnaud gets better...or at least we hope.
Worse - Again, the Nebraska game was a fluke and helped a bunch, not to mention we play better teams that won't shoot themselves in the foot.
Worse - We need a slight miracle to get to 7 wins. Everything has to fall our way. Not impossible, but probably unlikely.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Improve - Pending the offense stays healthy, it should be more productive
Push - That's a lot of yards, and we all better hope like hell Arnaud improves passing
Improve - See end of last answer.
Worse - Worse. We played some real jokes last year. Oklahoma and Texas are going to throw up big numbers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Missouri and Texas Tech also do.
Worse - The Nebraska game was a fluke and helped a lot.
Improve - Arnaud gets better...or at least we hope.
Worse - Again, the Nebraska game was a fluke and helped a bunch, not to mention we play better teams that won't shoot themselves in the foot.
Worse - We need a slight miracle to get to 7 wins. Everything has to fall our way. Not impossible, but probably unlikely.

Our 21.8 Def Scoring Avg included giving up 35 pts to Iowa, 41 to KU, 35 to A&M, 34 to Mizzou and 34 to Okie State. In our other 7 games we gave up less than 17 points each.

I don't see Iowa or KU scoring that many against us next year - Iowa because our offense won't give them as many short fields, and KU because they are losing too much from last year. Mizzou may put up that many again. I also see Tech's offense falling off from what Leach was able to do. A&M had a potent offense last year, and we don't play them this year.

Bottom line is even if we give up 35 points to both OU and UT, there are some other teams who should score less which will keep our average from changing too much.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Iowa State Stats

Ranking in Big 12
12.Iowa State.......... 20.5 points per game BUY

3. Iowa State.......... 180.0 Rushing yards per game PUSH

9. Iowa State..........184.7 Passing YPG BUY

5. Iowa State.......... 21.8 Scoring Defense PUSH

4. Iowa State........... Turnover margin: +4.... PUSH

INT thrown: 17 BUY
Turnovers forced: 32 SELL

Wins: 7 PUSH