Call of duty 4 ranks

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I really want to get this game, but for PC.

I asked before, but does anyone else who plays Call of Duty or similar on PC have a recommedation for controllers?

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
my nephew has it for x box 360

THE LEVEL.....you know which one im talking about if you have played the game, it just blew me away. I was gawking mouth agap as he played it...freakin awesome! I should mention i was watching a 6 ft by 6ft screen on the white wall. Yea they got a projector thing in HD too!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I really want to get this game, but for PC.

I asked before, but does anyone else who plays Call of Duty or similar on PC have a recommedation for controllers?

You can use the xbox controllers for the pc...Those are nice.

That being said, I juse use the old classic mouse + keyboard. I am in the middle of halo2 now. And then as soon as I am done I can "downgrade" back to xp instead of craptastic vista.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
You can use the xbox controllers for the pc...Those are nice.

That being said, I juse use the old classic mouse + keyboard. I am in the middle of halo2 now. And then as soon as I am done I can "downgrade" back to xp instead of craptastic vista.

You having trouble playing games with Vista? That's good to know. I haven't tried games, but I don't seem to have the problems most complain about with it.

Although I have Home Premium - if that makes a diff. And 2 GB of RAM, which might help.

I'm guessing the XBox are USB?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am just tired of vista slowing down my machine so much. I have an Athlon X2 5600+ with 2G of mem and a geforce 8600. Pretty sweet machine, and it just is chunky slow.

I have vista home premium on it, and I cannot stand the fact that you cannot remote desktop into it. That is the big reason I am considering going back to XP, just for remote desktop.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
With PC, I think mouse and keyboard is the way to go. I have COD 2, but not 4 (had it in my hands but didn't take the plunge). A friend who has an XBox has it to, and I think its more difficult to control with a controller than the old tried and true mouse/keyboard.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Amazon had this on sale for 39.99 (360 version) the other day. I'm pissed I didnt pull the trigger.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Amazon had this on sale for 39.99 (360 version) the other day. I'm pissed I didnt pull the trigger.
That would've been a steal, but it's worth it either way. Not only is the single player campaign really cool (imagine crawling straight through the middle of an enemy patrol (in a gillie suit) on your way to assassinating an enemy with a roof top sniper rifle.

But the real fun comes in the online play. Endless guns to unlock, along with hundreds of accomplishments that add to your experience level. It's just really cool.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I'm on my second way through up to level 25 in 1d 17h 36min. I usually play search and destroy as a kill is 50 points and you can usually get between 300-800 each round. What is your online name? Mine is twatwa

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm on my second way through up to level 25 in 1d 17h 36min. I usually play search and destroy as a kill is 50 points and you can usually get between 300-800 each round. What is your online name? Mine is twatwa
Fonzi70. I usually play ground war, mix of team deathmatch and domination. The thing that screws me up in search and destroy is I am a rush in there guns blazing kind of player, and I end up watching everyone finish the round.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
add me to your friend list as twatwa, and we'll all join a clan tag such as ISU or ISt8, both of which I have both used.

What is everyone's gamer tag???

professor

May 26, 2006
Coralville, IA
i'm professoor but i'm pretty bad right now. i am unbelievably addicted to multiplayer. so if you wanna play with a newbie and teach me a couple things...add me:smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron