Camp Report: McDonough has stood out

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
Not according to the depth chart that came out last night....which I think you take with a grain of salt

I am thinking Bailey may be getting the start as a nod to a senior who has pushed hard in camp, but I would bet Jake sees the majority of the snaps.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
The ability of Dutch and Bailey to play both positions makes a 3 player rotation work for most of the snaps. I project something along the line of Dutch and Bailey both at 65% of the snaps, Jake at 60%, and anybody else at 10%. The numbers for Jake and Bailey might flip when facing more of a passing team. All of the numbers could drop somewhat if a 4th option emerges from the backups.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
McD stood out and showed that he has the talent to play. However, he does not have the in game experience that Bailey has so he is listed as the back up for now. I fully expect him to get significant PT this season and push Bailey and Rump all year. Everyone seems to be worried about this but to me it just shows that we have talent and competition at the DT spots which is awesome to me.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I am thinking Bailey may be getting the start as a nod to a senior who has pushed hard in camp, but I would bet Jake sees the majority of the snaps.

ta-da!!!!
images