Can someone recap the last 48 hours?

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I just got back from a vacation, and I tried browsing through the threads, but there are too many contradicting/confusing threads.
Here's how I understand it. Is this correct and everything?

Big 12 renegotiated contract with Fox, and all teams can now expect 10 million extra a year. Texas declined Big 10 invite. Nebraska still headed to Big 10. Colorado still headed to Pac 10. Big 12 expected to survive with 10 teams. North-south division will be eliminated, and everyone plays almost everyone every year. Big 12 not expecting to add more teams. Great 48 hours for ISU. Chris Williams thinks Big 10 invite might be closer than before for ISU.....
]

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I just got back from a vacation, and I tried browsing through the threads, but there are too many contradicting/confusing threads.
Here's how I understand it. Is this correct and everything?

Big 12 renegotiated contract with Fox, and all teams can now expect 10 million extra a year. Texas and co. declined Pac 10 invite. Nebraska still headed to Big 10. Colorado still headed to Pac 10. Big 12 expected to survive with 10 teams. North-south division will be eliminated, and everyone plays almost everyone every year. Big 12 not expecting to add more teams. Great 48 hours for ISU. Chris Williams thinks Big 10 invite might be closer than before for ISU.....
]

Is this true? Would WE throw a wrench in everybody's plans and bail?? Do you think THAT would put Iowa State on ESPN's front page?

cysid

Apr 30, 2010
I'll try to explain...

Texas just got more powerfull in the B12 by getting rid of Colorado and Nebraska and getting thier own TV network but everyone else left is jumping up and down for joy because a) while the current situation sucks it's still better than being in the MWC and b) we get a little more money under the new deal.

Deace actually gets this and talked about it this morning but everyone around here with thier head in the sand would rather rail on him rather than looking at the situation logically.

Ohh and also I screwed up my knee big time playing basketball.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I'll try to explain...

Texas just got more powerfull in the B12 by getting rid of Colorado and Nebraska and getting thier own TV network but everyone else left is jumping up and down for joy because a) while the current situation sucks it's still better than being in the MWC and b) we get a little more money under the new deal.

Deace actually gets this and talked about it this morning but everyone around here with thier head in the sand would rather rail on him rather than looking at the situation logically.

Ohh and also I screwed up my knee big time playing basketball.

looking at it logically reveals there was no other option for ISU...and that the future is not set.

cysid

Apr 30, 2010
looking at it logically reveals there was no other option for ISU...and that the future is not set.

Correct we had no other option, but that doesn't mean this option doesn't suck, it just sucked less than the alternative.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Correct we had no other option, but that doesn't mean this option doesn't suck, it just sucked less than the alternative.

I choose to view as not sucking....due to the jobs and millions not lost by being attached to a power conference.

There was much much more at play > wins and losses.

Help Support Us

Become a patron