Bug Can't log in to my CF account from anywhere

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Yesterday I hit my 30 days and had to log in to my CF account on my phone. It wouldn't let me log back in. I get no error message or any indication something has gone wrong, it appears to accept the login but then simply goes back to the forum list, not having logged me in.

I've tried numerous browsers and devices and the behavior is consistently the same everywhere, so I assume this is related to my account or a site bug. And yet - obviously because I'm posting under my account - it hasn't logged me out in places where I haven't hit my 30 day limit yet. Of course, I want to get this solved because within days I'll be logged out everywhere and won't be able to get in.

I also discovered accidentally that if I am in a device/browser that is still within its 30 days, I can log out and it will log me back in successfully.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Yesterday I hit my 30 days and had to log in to my CF account on my phone. It wouldn't let me log back in. I get no error message or any indication something has gone wrong, it appears to accept the login but then simply goes back to the forum list, not having logged me in.

I've tried numerous browsers and devices and the behavior is consistently the same everywhere, so I assume this is related to my account or a site bug. And yet - obviously because I'm posting under my account - it hasn't logged me out in places where I haven't hit my 30 day limit yet. Of course, I want to get this solved because within days I'll be logged out everywhere and won't be able to get in.

I also discovered accidentally that if I am in a device/browser that is still within its 30 days, I can log out and it will log me back in successfully.

Any ideas?
You’ll be able to log back in once your in-laws leave and you stop taking gummies. Just slow down

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Any ideas?
But think of the time you will save now.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
So is there someone who can help me with this, or someone I can contact?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Posting this here in case it's of use to anyone...I wondered if it might help to turn off two-step verification. When I tried to turn that off, it asked me to enter my password to access that page. So I entered my password but it responded the same way as I describe in my original post up top - no error message, but it just ignored it and nothing happened. The page essentially refreshed itself. So CF is just not taking my password for whatever reason.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Posting this here in case it's of use to anyone...I wondered if it might help to turn off two-step verification. When I tried to turn that off, it asked me to enter my password to access that page. So I entered my password but it responded the same way as I describe in my original post up top - no error message, but it just ignored it and nothing happened. The page essentially refreshed itself. So CF is just not taking my password for whatever reason.
Just disabled 2-step. Let me know if that helps

Reactions: JP4CY and Trice

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I didn't disable anything, but I was able to log in this afternoon.