can't recover yahoo mail password - yahoo doesn't recognize key

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
Through a series of misadventures, I lost my computer on a trip and had to buy a new one in South America. I set up a yahoo e-mail account down there. Back here, yahoo doesn't recognize the pass word and I haven't been able to set a new password. I can get an account key, but yahoo doesn't recognize it when I enter it in the verification window. My passwords ar

The airline found my computer; I just got it back. Since yahoo had been opening my e-mail with a saved password, I was hoping it would continue to do so. No such luck. I can get a new account key to help reset the password, but yahoo desn't recognize it. When I enter the key I just get an err message that the key is invalid. I am using a trac flip phone to receive the account number. FWIW.

I seem to be at the point I need human intervention Internet searches just take me back to the same old help pages and help I've already used.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Through a series of misadventures, I lost my computer on a trip and had to buy a new one in South America. I set up a yahoo e-mail account down there. Back here, yahoo doesn't recognize the pass word and I haven't been able to set a new password. I can get an account key, but yahoo doesn't recognize it when I enter it in the verification window. My passwords ar

The airline found my computer; I just got it back. Since yahoo had been opening my e-mail with a saved password, I was hoping it would continue to do so. No such luck. I can get a new account key to help reset the password, but yahoo desn't recognize it. When I enter the key I just get an err message that the key is invalid. I am using a trac flip phone to receive the account number. FWIW.

I seem to be at the point I need human intervention Internet searches just take me back to the same old help pages and help I've already used.

That sucks? Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking...my only advice is to get rid of that yahoo garbage.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Note to self: There is demand, as proven on this lowly CF message board, for a non-hassle way to retrieve lost passwords and such.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Did you try "password" as your password?
vauEUgn.gif

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
Is this a clone of a thread we had a few weeks ago?

I am the original poster from several weeks ago.

I can get the key which evidently is to be verified in an e-mail. I would thinnk that getting the key is the roadblock, It is not recognized. The process looks like it's working until I verify the code that was sent to me via cell phone. Have been told that I need a cell to register with various social network sites and I've been able to do that in other instances. It doesn't work for this process. Hoping that some IT guru has knowledge of problem. I would try a more specialized forum if I knew what it is. My searches just keep going back to FAQ's I've aready seen. This is the first time I've had a problem getting back into things like facebook, gmail, paypal, and my bank account.