NSCR: Carl Edwards Retires

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Fox Sports just posted an article saying its "to pursue interests outside of NASCAR".

I think several of the drivers don't like the corporate change in NASCAR over the past 5-6 years. Being a Tony fan, I know he hated it. Couple that with 36 race weekends out of 52 and its not surprising some of these guys are giving it up.

Reactions: mustangwinner97

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Fox Sports just posted an article saying its "to pursue interests outside of NASCAR".

I think several of the drivers don't like the corporate change in NASCAR over the past 5-6 years. Being a Tony fan, I know he hated it. Couple that with 36 race weekends out of 52 and its not surprising some of these guys are giving it up.

he had a heartbreaker at Homestead. I could see Carl saying "**** it" to the current trash system.

It may also not be a coincidence that his wife is a doctor specializing in brain trauma rehab. After Jr. last year......maybe that played a role.

I think he'd make a great commentator but that article makes it sound like he's going away from NASCAR altogether.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron