CF Design: Consolidation and Update of Versions

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
CF Design: Consolidation and Update of Versions

I have consolidated and improved the different versions of the CF Design that people currently have available to choose from. I have created a new design that is about 95% the same as the current CFv5 design but it looks a little cleaner and should be faster performing. This new design will be the new "Default Theme" that will be used ongoing. You will be able to choose previous designs still, but I will be changing everybody over soon, you will need to change back if you so desire. You can change back using the design changer on the bottom left of the screen.

I ask that if you read this post, to change to the new "Default Theme" in the chooser at the bottom of the page and let me know if you notice any problems before I change everybody over.

Changes from "CFv5" to "Default"
--Changed around header so user info is back in the top right of all screens.
--Changed some coloring to make the site less "peach" or "beige" looking, particularly at the top.
--Changed some graphics to newly designed ones.
-Made major coding improvements for speed and navigation purposes.
--Made text more readable and overall larger throughout the site.

Why the changes?
--Every time I make a new feature or change anything on the site, I have to change it for each design individually and that can take a lot of time.

What's new in this design?
--I kept it almost exactly the same visually with an exception of the header. I made a ton of code changes on the backside to make it speedier (I wrote it completely from scratch).

Can we stop with new designs already?
--Sure. Going forward I will update the other historical design or two that people use but this new default theme will be the standard for the site for the foreseeable future. Most people seem to like the new overall feel of CFv5 and this just improves and tweaks that a little bit and looks more clean and crisp. I don't foresee any major changes to the design of CF now that everything is going well.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Thanks for the feedback. I know most people don't care and wouldn't even notice but I don't like to surprise people just incase something wasn't working correctly. Thanks again!!

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Looks great. The text change from the original CFv5 to this is like night and day. Well done.