CFB Week 9 Opening Lines

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
Georgia State -6 against Old Dominion is kind of a WTF line. Did ODU have an injury? Makes me wonder if somebody knows something, and I see the line is already coming down. I would wait for it to come down as far as it’s going to and then take Georgia State.

Am I crazy for thinking Nebraska might rise up and pull the upset against Illinois? Illinois doesn’t really have a high powered offense and I could see the Huskers hanging around and pulling it off. Crazy thought, but if Nebraska wins they blow the Big Ten West race wide open and have a shot to win it themselves. That would be hilarious.

West Virginia +7 vs TCU is interesting. TCU has been living on the edge (albeit against good teams) and the Mountaineers pulling the upset would just exemplify how even the Big 12 is this year. Then again, I could see them losing badly and firing Brown, then we get to play them for the “rally around the fired coach” game.

UCF +2 at home is tempting. I don’t think Cincinnati is anywhere near as good as their ranking and UCF needs to get the bad taste out of their mouths from their ugly four turnover loss at ECU.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Georgia State -6 against Old Dominion is kind of a WTF line. Did ODU have an injury? Makes me wonder if somebody knows something, and I see the line is already coming down. I would wait for it to come down as far as it’s going to and then take Georgia State.

Am I crazy for thinking Nebraska might rise up and pull the upset against Illinois? Illinois doesn’t really have a high powered offense and I could see the Huskers hanging around and pulling it off. Crazy thought, but if Nebraska wins they blow the Big Ten West race wide open and have a shot to win it themselves. That would be hilarious.

West Virginia +7 vs TCU is interesting. TCU has been living on the edge (albeit against good teams) and the Mountaineers pulling the upset would just exemplify how even the Big 12 is this year. Then again, I could see them losing badly and firing Brown, then we get to play them for the “rally around the fired coach” game.

UCF +2 at home is tempting. I don’t think Cincinnati is anywhere near as good as their ranking and UCF needs to get the bad taste out of their mouths from their ugly four turnover loss at ECU.
Agree with a lot of this. Cincy has been playing with fire all season.

And Illinois will not be used to being hunted or having the pressure of the division lead on the road. It's hard to trust Nebraska, but it might be worth a ML sprinkle.

I'm actually cheering for Nebraska to win the west. That would be the perfect encapsulation of that D3 division.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
WV is tough at home, thats a long trip from FtWorth. TCU might finally run out of magic. Id take the Eers +7 or maybe dink the ML

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS