Info: CF's new weekly radio segment in eastern Iowa

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Im convinced Eastern Iowa does not even know where Ames is. Make sure you explain to them on your initial show where it is.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Im convinced Eastern Iowa does not even know where Ames is. Make sure you explain to them on your initial show where it is.

Give these guys some credit. They have Walters on every week. Jack Whitver was one once a week during football. I was on bi-weekly. Now, they're bringing me on once a week to talk hoops.

They're trying.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Give these guys some credit. They have Walters on every week. Jack Whitver was one once a week during football. I was on bi-weekly. Now, they're bringing me on once a week to talk hoops.

They're trying.

I'm just speaking from experience. I grew up in Dubuque, and always thought Ames was on the Missouri River until I did a college visit...

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
They do, do a good job of trying. They did start out all Hawks, then they started to get to many complaints from Cyclone fans so they switched up the tone 2 weeks into their show this summer.

Chris I enjoy listening to your spots when your on, keep it up.

CloneHead

Apr 11, 2006

They're trying.

Great news Chris. I will tune you in on my way to the Mizzou game.

These guys really are fairly even handed, they don't seem to be shock jocks and are more interested in conveying information than opinion. Eric Heft has contributed to their show as well.

KGYM recently turned on a FM transmitter in Iowa City, 106.3 - it will cover most of Johnson County and reach the south edge of Cedar Rapids.