Idea: CFTV Live Streaming Setup

Rossmt

Sep 8, 2016
Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of all of the content. I especially like the CFTV live segments and would be interested in a MBB version too (knowing there are way too many games to review each game and not knowing who you would use for a woody equivalent for basketball).

Anyway, obviously you guys have improved greatly from when you started with far fewer major issues. I was just curious if you guys definitely have your own plan for improving the stream/production quality or would be interested in input/discussion on how to improve. I know there are lots of factors like the cost of improvement vs the value added to the site, usability for guys that I would say aren't naturally super technically minded, the set seems like a meeting room that you use at different times so the setup may need to be mobile, etc.

I'm not a professional in the field or anything but I geek out over everything tech and I'm curious about how everything is set up and possible improvements.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of all of the content. I especially like the CFTV live segments and would be interested in a MBB version too (knowing there are way too many games to review each game and not knowing who you would use for a woody equivalent for basketball).

Anyway, obviously you guys have improved greatly from when you started with far fewer major issues. I was just curious if you guys definitely have your own plan for improving the stream/production quality or would be interested in input/discussion on how to improve. I know there are lots of factors like the cost of improvement vs the value added to the site, usability for guys that I would say aren't naturally super technically minded, the set seems like a meeting room that you use at different times so the setup may need to be mobile, etc.

I'm not a professional in the field or anything but I geek out over everything tech and I'm curious about how everything is set up and possible improvements.

Thanks for the note. We have actually made a significant investment recently to improve the quality even more, it's just not ready yet. Should be rolling it out in a week or two. Please stay tuned and thanks for the note!

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Rumor has it that meeting room is going to turn into a pretty legit set too. Hopefully will come along in the next several weeks.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I love these CFTV casts as well. One of my favorite things on the site.

That said... Get Woody more air time at the TV going over plays! Hehehe... I think he got to go over 3 maybe 4 plays in 40 minutes? Him up there explaining the play and what happened is my favorite thing about this podcast. It is excellent!

Do you guys have a set number of plays/situations you can contractually do with the entity who airs the game? Not saying you do or not, I have no idea.

Keep em coming either way!

• Agree
Reactions: Rossmt

Rossmt

Sep 8, 2016
Thanks for the note. We have actually made a significant investment recently to improve the quality even more, it's just not ready yet. Should be rolling it out in a week or two. Please stay tuned and thanks for the note!
Haha! Thanks for saying that in a very nice tone Chris. I was watching the show at work over my lunch and made the post because the audio balance makes you sound a lot louder than Jeff and it was tough to find the right volume level. I just got home and finished the episode & now realize that I make look rather dumb... I'm always impressed when people manage to stay helpful and positive when asked an obvious question or one that they just answered.

Also, I definitely second Yellow Snow. I know there are a lot of factors going into a segment's length, but as far as consumer input I would say go as long as you guys have interest/perspective. I know Jeff's said things like 'I could go on for 2 hours about ____ if we had the time' and while I cant remember an example I almost always want that 2 hour video to be made :p

Oh and one other thing that you may be working on but something I would love to see is a hosting/steaming service like YouTube live that has live chat that's nicely polished and built right in. It would be useful for feedback on technical difficulties so you don't have me tweeting at you. Also, I've tried to prep questions before but most of them seem to come up like Chris' did today when he asked about the box(totally was wondering that too and love that I know that now). Being able to ask questions in chat during the show would be awesome.

Reactions: CyStateOfMind