Charlotte Transfer Dishon Jackson commits to the Cyclones!

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
Clingan average 13 minutes for UConn his freshman year, only in the 20s this year.
Part of that was he was behind their second best player and got winded fast.

But for Rock, agree 15 min behind Jackson 25 min is probably max unless he really surprises.

Omaha seems to be not big enough for a 5, slot him at 3/4 spot with Watson ahead of him today. His mins in Big12 tourney did not show me anything to know what his skill is other than looking athletic. So he's totally unpredictable.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Part of that was he was behind their second best player and got winded fast.

But for Rock, agree 15 min behind Jackson 25 min is probably max unless he really surprises.

Omaha seems to be not big enough for a 5, slot him at 3/4 spot with Watson ahead of him today. His mins in Big12 tourney did not show me anything to know what his skill is other than looking athletic. So he's totally unpredictable.
His hands have been a liability all year. Until he gets that figured out there isn't a position for him.

@Cytown12 do you even bother watching the games?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I hope Jackson plays hard as Jones. Some fans are really underestimating the impact of losing Jones. He is the heart and soul of our defense. He is a big man who is also good perimeter defender.

Agree. Jones and Ward will be difficult to replace.

Not just the effort Jones brings, but he’s an extremely competent defender. Rebounds well. And is legitimately good/efficient on offense near the bucket- good feet, hands, and touch

He can’t stretch the defense or drive, but he did everything we need well

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
Agree. Jones and Ward will be difficult to replace.

Not just the effort Jones brings, but he’s an extremely competent defender. Rebounds well. And is legitimately good/efficient on offense near the bucket- good feet, hands, and touch

He can’t stretch the defense or drive, but he did everything we need well
I just wanted to agree with your post. Jones and Ward have been fantastic on def during our last run of great play. Neither one seems to have a big ego about sharing minutes. Both hustle and play their role extremely well. They both bought in 100%. I can only hope that Jackson buys in at the level of Jones and Ward.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I honestly don't know where Omaha fits. He probably has a quicker route at playing at developing being a Tre King or Hason Ward and being a post player but if the NBA is the goal he needs to develop some perimeter skills
If you go look at his hs games he played a lot on perimeter and the guy can shoot.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
If you go look at his hs games he played a lot on perimeter and the guy can shoot.
I'm no NBA scout but I can't imagine him aiming for anything but a 3 spot. And yes we will certainly take that. 30%+ from downtown please with his quickness and ability to jump out of the gym?

Reactions: Cytown12

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I just wanted to agree with your post. Jones and Ward have been fantastic on def during our last run of great play. Neither one seems to have a big ego about sharing minutes. Both hustle and play their role extremely well. They both bought in 100%. I can only hope that Jackson buys in at the level of Jones and Ward.

It will be difficult to be better at what they bring, but perhaps we can be different