Chris Soules Arrested

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Again this all before his BAC will come back.. but yes I said buying time to speculate he was drunk.

Levels go down, how do you prove he was drunk at the scene?

Depends on if he was drinking with anyone. Witnesses can always say how many drinks they saw him drink, if he was drinking in a bar or with someone.

The TMZ article said he received medical treatment. Interesting he was willing to forego that for a while as he holed up in a house.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Buying time for what exactly? Well, as you know, "buying time" and waiting for a warrant is common practice to let your blood alcohol levels go down...

Plus it gives you nearly 5 hours of time to explain what went on if the BAC test comes back positive. Im not a lawyer, but my defense would be Chris realized the guy died, freaked out, left, drove home, had X number of beers in 5 hours to drown away what he did as Chris has a history of alcoholism.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and ZB4CY

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Plus it gives you nearly 5 hours of time to explain what went on if the BAC test comes back positive. Im not a lawyer, but my defense would be Chris realized the guy died, freaked out, left, drove home, had X number of beers in 5 hours to drown away what he did as Chris has a history of alcoholism.

If that is the case, it might explain why some think he sounds sober in the 911 call. The more you drink, the more you can hide it. His BAC may have been higher than even he thought.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
If that is the case, it might explain why some think he sounds sober in the 911 call. The more you drink, the more you can hide it. His BAC may have been higher than even he thought.

Watching someone die, or having a part of someone's death will sober someone up mentally VERY quickly. Doesn't mean he wasn't drunk but it's almost as if throughout the 911 phone call you can hear Chris realizing what he just did.

I'm sure someone of Chris's fame likely has a good attorney, could it be that he placed a phone call to his attorney immediately after hanging up with 911. His attorney may be the one who suggested to take off knowing it would be better in the long run since Chris made an attempt at helping.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I wouldn't say resisting. Basically he wanted them to have a search warrant. Buys him more time. I think he called his attorney sometime after the time he left and his attorney told him exactly what was mentioned above... stay put.. it can be beneficial to you to not let them in and buy yourself more time.

His attorney specializes in OWI.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Watching someone die, or having a part of someone's death will sober someone up mentally VERY quickly. Doesn't mean he wasn't drunk but it's almost as if throughout the 911 phone call you can hear Chris realizing what he just did.

I'm sure someone of Chris's fame likely has a good attorney, could it be that he placed a phone call to his attorney immediately after hanging up with 911. His attorney may be the one who suggested to take off knowing it would be better in the long run since Chris made an attempt at helping.

An attorney who tells someone to commit the crime of leaving the scene of a fatal accident should be disbarred.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

Yeah, actually never heard of the guy before this morning and still wouldn't know him if he bit me on the nose.

Not saying it shouldn't be a story, just saying that it would be less of a story if there was anything else going on right now. For ****'s sake they've been talking about Erin Moran's death for two days.

And who gives a ****?

I guess that I forgot that it's always a slow news day in Iowa.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah, actually never heard of the guy before this morning and still wouldn't know him if he bit me on the nose.

Not saying it shouldn't be a story, just saying that it would be less of a story if there was anything else going on right now. For ****'s sake they've been talking about Erin Moran's death for two days.

And who gives a ****?

It's so terrible that someone assaulted you and forced you to click on this thread. Are you ok? Should we call 911?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I wouldn't say resisting. Basically he wanted them to have a search warrant. Buys him more time. I think he called his attorney sometime after the time he left and his attorney told him exactly what was mentioned above... stay put.. it can be beneficial to you to not let them in and buy yourself more time.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

And who gives a ****?

I guess that I forgot that it's always a slow news day in Iowa.[/QUOTE]

So this argument kind of annoys me. What defines that? It was an accident that in this case involved a death. No matter where you go it will get some kind of air time. Back in Wichita the news would have reports on the shootings that week. Does that mean it was a slow news day there or were they just reporting what happened?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

And who gives a ****?

Ah yes... the classic guy who doesn't "give a ****" yet opens the thread... evidently reads the thread and comments not once but twice.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It's so terrible that someone assaulted you and forced you to click on this thread. Are you ok? Should we call 911?

I had no idea who he was until I saw about his accident on the news. It was all the gossip when I got a haircut yesterday. He seems to get more sympathy from some and less sympathy from some because of his alleged celebrity,

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I had no idea who he was until I saw about his accident on the news. It was all the gossip when I got a haircut yesterday. He seems to get more sympathy from some and less sympathy from some because of his alleged celebrity,

I remember a little talk about him when he was on The Bachelor. I never watched it, but it was news. I am interested in this story because if he was drunk when he killed someone then I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Hard to speculate. He did call 911 and spent 5 minutes on the call. When he talked about the blood towards the end and I think it was coming out the guys mouth can cause a lot of people to freak out. Not sure what to read into it. Sad day.