Chris Soules Arrested

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I guess another question I have. He obviously called for help from his family at least a few minutes before calling the cops as his family was on the scene when he called.

Wait, what's your question?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Listening to that 911 call I don't automatically assume he is drunk. Going off his speech and things of that nature. He seems coherent.

Again, no idea what played out. Just going off what I am hearing

Maybe not Gunner on a Wednesday night drunk but buzzed driving is drunk driving. I uber or ride bikes FYI I never drink and drive a gas or electric or hybrid or e85 powered vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well his legal staff is pretty high powered, good thing he's got deep pockets. It will be interesting to see what everything gets bargained down to.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Scum? Ever met the guy? I'm guessing not. Our system requires defense counsel.

That firm has represented an awful lot of ISU athletes, by the way. One of the partners is a former ISU football player and donor.
Al, have you ever met him/heard much about him? You were/are a prosecutor, right? I wasn't sure if you had heard anything through that

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Scum? Ever met the guy? I'm guessing not. Our system requires defense counsel.

That firm has represented an awful lot of ISU athletes, by the way. One of the partners is a former ISU football player and donor.

Actually yes, was in a small workshop about criminal defense when I was considering law school in college. Guy could not have been more dismissive and arrogant. Had no desire to be there and gave half answers to questions in between the times he was puffing out his chest.

I get that you have to be that guy to do that job at the level he does it but I was just really put off. Other speakers were gracious and more forthcoming with answers. Scum is probably harsh and it could have been an isolated incident but he didn't leave a good impression with anybody in the room.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
I was playing at Copper Creek last summer with a few buddies. Parrish and his crew were the group in front of us. I'd be lying if I said we weren't intentionally hitting into them every chance we got. Simply trying to get the point across to either let us play through or speed it up. Finish up on 18 and they all 4 stood by the green and watched us putt out. Alfredo looks at my buddy and says, "You boys in a hurry today or what?" My buddy said no sir, just trying to keep up with the pace of play. Parrish pulls out at minimum 10k in cash and says, "you'd take your time too if you were playing for the money we were."

Only interaction I've ever had with the guy.

Anyway....The Aurora Smelt Fry is tonight. Will be a good way for the community to come together and do their best to put the tragedies from this past week behind them. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Chris will not be there.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know a few of the attorneys at Parrish and they are good people. They do their jobs quite well.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I was playing at Copper Creek last summer with a few buddies. Parrish and his crew were the group in front of us. I'd be lying if I said we weren't intentionally hitting into them every chance we got. Simply trying to get the point across to either let us play through or speed it up. Finish up on 18 and they all 4 stood by the green and watched us putt out. Alfredo looks at my buddy and says, "You boys in a hurry today or what?" My buddy said no sir, just trying to keep up with the pace of play. Parrish pulls out at minimum 10k in cash and says, "you'd take your time too if you were playing for the money we were."

Only interaction I've ever had with the guy.

Anyway....The Aurora Smelt Fry is tonight. Will be a good way for the community to come together and do their best to put the tragedies from this past week behind them. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Chris will not be there.

That's a douchey move regardless of how slow they're playing. Ask to play through or enjoy the day. Hitting into people is never acceptable.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
That's a douchey move regardless of how slow they're playing. Ask to play through or enjoy the day. Hitting into people is never acceptable.

We had asked multiple times. The course guy had also asked them to speed it up multiple times. Throw some beers in me and guys like that who do not give a f and ill hit into them all day.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
We had asked multiple times. The course guy had also asked them to speed it up multiple times. Throw some beers in me and guys like that who do not give a f and ill hit into them all day.

I don't make a habit of going after people on this site (I don't post enough for that) and I realized I've already picked on you once, but......

A lawsuit for intentionally hitting into someone and plunking one of them in the noggin is probably not something you want a part of. A lawsuit for intentionally plunking someone in the noggin and the group is a bunch of high-powered attorneys is DEFINITELY not something you want a part of.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Probably not a good idea to potentially injure a lawyer with 6 witnesses around.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola