Christ Turns Down 3-Year, Multimillion Dollar Deal To Coach Notre Dame

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
Christ Turns Down 3-Year, Multimillion Dollar Deal To Coach Notre Dame | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

SOUTH BEND, IN—Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Savior of All Mankind, and current defensive coordinator at Middle Tennessee State, said Monday that He would not accept Notre Dame's 3-year, $5.6 million offer to coach the Fighting Irish. "I love Notre Dame and respect their football legacy, but no matter what you've accomplished before coaching there, once you're a Golden Domer, the expectations, frankly, are unrealistic," said Christ, whose family has been involved with the university since its founding. "I've had people turn on Me before, and it really put Me through hell. But even more importantly, I've made a commitment to stay with the Blue Raiders through 2015." Christ denied asking Notre Dame to remove His likeness from the building overlooking their stadium, saying He liked a good joke as much as anybody.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
Haha you know its bad when Christ turns down the Notre Dame job

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Haha you know its bad when Christ turns down the Notre Dame job

It's alright. I had to turn down the job too. I just couldn't handle the expectations of a school like that. Although they did offer an additional million for national championships or heismans...

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
i love that one along with the staples center collapses mercifully ending the clippers game video.

same with the video of everyone wishing glenn beck should have died instead...the onion is good stuff.