Coaching Search: Place your bets

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Let Campbell sign off/choose Pollard’s replacement. Or just don’t pick TJ. Simple.

Campbell wants Pollard.

Look, I don't want TJ either, but that's the medicine we'll have to accept in order to be a football school. That's fine.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I've been told from a source that are friends with the Sukups that we were trying to get rid of prohm last season, but somehow he talked his way into staying. Also said the top 4 candidates we are looking at are Dana Altman, Hoiberg, Thad Matta, and TJ in that order. Just passing on what I've heard.
Wow that is amazing. Altman or Matta would be fantastic. Would be happy with Hoiberg. TJ would be a letdown.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Since everyone posting on CF these days is a certified college basketball coaching search expert, time to share your knowledge. Answer the following....

Who do you WANT to hire? (Craig Smith)
Who do you think we WILL hire? (TJ)
Who do you definitely NOT want to hire? (Hoiberg)

Go!

The fact we have stooped to Marry, ****, Kill coaching candidates means this coaching search is an exercise in futility.

Put me on record now, I have no faith that the new hire will be an upgrade

• Haha
Reactions: agentbear

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The fact we have stooped to Marry, ****, Kill coaching candidates means this coaching search is an exercise in futility.

Put me on record now, I have no faith that the new hire will be an upgrade
I’m convinced there are 350 d1 head coaches out there that would be better. I like our chances of finding someone better.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I don't think it is Hoiberg. But I would rather have a coach that gets ISU back to the top 3 in the Big 12 and then leaves for a NBA job in 4-5 years, over what we have now. I would take 4 years of success and then see where ISU can go from there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron