College Softball: Florida Coach shoves Auburn SS

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm a softball guy. Tim Walton is a very intense coach. Not necessarily a bad guy, just intense. She probably should've just given him the high five, he probably had an irrational sarcastic reaction of hitting her shoulder. Bitter softball player decided to hit him back. He got mad.

Both acted immature

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
She doesn't have to shake his hand or give him a high five if she doesn't want to. That's not bad sportsmanship, as it had nothing to do with the game. It's about the bad blood between them after he dismissed her sisters. He can call her out for not shaking his hand, fine. But to shove/bump her was out of line. Douche move by him.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
She doesn't have to shake his hand or give him a high five if she doesn't want to. That's not bad sportsmanship, as it had nothing to do with the game. It's about the bad blood between them after he dismissed her sisters. He can call her out for not shaking his hand, fine. But to shove/bump her was out of line. Douche move by him.

lol

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Well yes it is bad sportsmanship. Maybe it is deserved but both sides acted like petty children

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

giphy.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't have any issue with her not shaking his hand. She probably knows more about the circumstances surrounding her sisters getting kicked off to the team than anyone, so if she didn't feel the need to shake his hand so be it. He definitely shouldn't have responded by hitting her shoulder, even if it was lightly.

I don't understand the notion that not shaking hands is akin to kicking someone's dog. It's good sportsmanship and all, but I don't see it as an act of moral turpitude like some seem to.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney