College Softball: Florida Coach shoves Auburn SS

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
In some cases, not all, you spend the game having the other team talk **** and basically show you no respect and then you are expected to shake hands or you're a bad sport?

I think that some old school guys would question today's professional athletes shooting the bull and hugging before and after games. If that is how you display your level of competitiveness then okay, but if you want to go out and crush your opponent and not be their buddy then that should be okay also.

I can guarantee you that Michael Jordan wasn't going out for steaks with guys from the other team after Game 3 of the Finals.

The handshake line is overrated, with the exception of 5 year olds soccer games and the NHL Playoffs.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
She's a RS senior. Doesn't change what the coach did, but she is 22 or 23.

I still think the point remains. She doesn't want to shake, so be it. He initiated contact with the shove/nudge/pat/whateveryouwanttocallit. This is on him. Act your age doosh.

• Agree
Reactions: CY88CE11

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The coach was in the wrong, but stop it with the role model ********. These are college women not little league girls.
Surely nobody looks up to Fred Hoiberg or Bill Fennelly. He doesn't need to set an example to the people playing in the game, but there are plenty of younger players watching his actions.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I've seen more controversial greetings at church. Bunch of "meh" here.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Obviously this happened in previous handshake lines.

Otherwise, why would anybody be filming that garbage?

It'd be interesting to know how the coach and player handled it at other times.

But that's the hottest take I can generate over SEC softball. And to be honest, I find the fact that people are generating Zapruder style gifs of the event ("Back...and to the left. Back...and to the left") to be pretty hilarious.

Reactions: Cyclophile1

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Obviously this happened in previous handshake lines.

Otherwise, why would anybody be filming that garbage?

It'd be interesting to know how the coach and player handled it at other times.

But that's the hottest take I can generate over SEC softball. And to be honest, I find the fact that people are generating Zapruder style gifs of the event ("Back...and to the left. Back...and to the left") to be pretty hilarious.

I'm thinking more Seinfeld than JFK...

kramer_spit_on-68698.gif