[Commitment watch] ‘21 WR Landon Morris

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
With the recent arguments about “starz” and offers I think this is one guy everybody can appreciate if they watch his tape. Could make a great TE if he can put on an extra 20-30 lbs. here’s to hoping we get him

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I'm just waiting for the CBs. I think we are the favorite though.

I doubt he considers BC seriously. He was just offered last month. Syracuse is also a newer offer and I don't think he's visited. He's visited ISU a few times and their is a mutual feeling.

I have spoken with him previously and i got a strong sense that he will be a clone, but now that he has a top 3, I don't want to go knocking.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I feel like if they take a commit from him, that means they are done with Brecht.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I feel like if they take a commit from him, that means they are done with Brecht.
Recruiting is a dirty game. All staffs (including this one) have pulled offers after a guy has commited to make room for another they like better. Not going to name names, but they would pull one of a few guys if Brecht wanted to come to ISU.

However, take Morris while you can. He's a beast and Brecht is doubtful AT BEST.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sounds pretty simple to me.... if he wants to play WR he goes to ISU. If he wants to play TE, he goes somewhere else.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We've stopped recruiting him.
I keep seeing people saying that, but why would we stop? There’s another Morris on his team who is a ‘22 four star WR, and I assume related. We’ve offered. Wouldn’t we want both?

Not being sarcastic or anything. Just curious.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I keep seeing people saying that, but why would we stop? There’s another Morris on his team who is a ‘22 four star WR, and I assume related. We’ve offered. Wouldn’t we want both?

Not being sarcastic or anything. Just curious.
His brother will likely be a blue blood. He won't be coming to ISU. We stopped recruiting because we feel good about Jaylin Noel and a few other guys.

I liked him and he would have been the highlight of the class a few years ago. We have come a long way.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
His brother will likely be a blue blood. He won't be coming to ISU. We stopped recruiting because we feel good about Jaylin Noel and a few other guys.

I liked him and he would have been the highlight of the class a few years ago. We have come a long way.
Thanks.

I’ll say that when it comes to recruiting quality talent, I won’t put anything past Matt Campbell and his staff—especially if they manage to tear off a double digit win season this Fall.