Crazy story from Kickin it.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
The flat roof about the dungeon cafeteria at Friley got plugged and filled with one or two feet of water. Someone threw gold fish in the pool of water. A guy on my floor took darts and threw them at the fish. It punctured a hole in the roof and a ton of water flooded the cafeteria. That kid got kicked out of school and was billed $20,000 for damages.

cyclonemarc

Mar 3, 2013
Newton, IA
When we went to the OU game last fall, they have cement barrier so far from the stadium entrance and still have K9 dogs around. We heard the story when we were there. We didn't recall it happening but if they tried to keep it quiet that might have been the reason why we didn't remember.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
A truly wild story that I had no recollection of.

For those that listened to the full episode- what’d you think of Tim’s comments on Tangs spygate?

1.) I like Tim. His takes on the conference and KSU teams are reasonable and he obviously has a wealth of knowledge.

2.) I’m sure he has some purple colored glasses while looking at the spy-gate situation in Ames and If ‘around here’ means coaches and players - maybe that was the case. But he was missing the piissing match on twitter from KSU fans for weeks.

3.) This sentence specifically really grinds my gears “It was odd to watch Iowa State media and fans perpetuate the story”. This was a major allegation that HE broke the story on- perpetuate isn’t the correct word for confirming the truth or ending speculation.

Tim seems to be a nice person with generally good takes. I remember he did a pod on the Tang incident, rumor of spying, etc. I think he sort of downplayed it. He joked about it some, but didn't deny it either, or say that the accusation was false. Kind of like he is saying now (on Kickin' It), that WE are perpetuating the story.

So he and the KState people were aware of the allegations. No one from kstate has ever apologized, or even said 'sorry, that it got out of hand'- nothing. I guess for Tim and kstate, moving on means wanting to forget about it and not wanting to take any responsibility?

That's fine. I'm ready to forget about it. But I will remember, if that makes sense, ha. KState can like Tang and his staff, but I sure don't have to (or some of their fans).

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Tim seems to be a nice person with generally good takes. I remember he did a pod on the Tang incident, rumor of spying, etc. I think he sort of downplayed it. He joked about it some, but didn't deny it either, or say that the accusation was false. Kind of like he is saying now (on Kickin' It), that WE are perpetuating the story.

So he and the KState people were aware of the allegations. No one from kstate has ever apologized, or even said 'sorry, that it got out of hand'- nothing. I guess for Tim and kstate, moving on means wanting to forget about it and not wanting to take any responsibility?

That's fine. I'm ready to forget about it. But I will remember, if that makes sense, ha. KState can like Tang and his staff, but I sure don't have to (or some of their fans).

I think Tim thinks that TJ manipulated the situation for his own benefit rather than just moving on. It was odd to hear no sense of responsibility for KSU in disrupting a game with silly accusations and cursing out our managers. Sure, it may have been best for TJ to "just move on," but not because there was nothing to be concerned about.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron