CWC just got better - Dom Bradley

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Good addition for the upper weights, Gremmel especially I think would benefit from Dom.

Now we need more lower weights

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Awesome. Awesome for guys like Colbray and Gremmel. I know we have Angel and Moreno but a light/middle weight guy would be the last piece/pieces to a solid lineup from freestyle to folkstyle.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Much positive to report lately. Will be good to see wrestling get rolling again, and its never looked more promising than right now.

• Agree
Reactions: buf87

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How has Ben Durbin been doing? Was out of wrestling for awhile. Hope he's picking it back up, nice guy.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Not sure on results. played football at Iowa State for a while. I think and a pretty good high school wrestler. Still with CWC.

Here is his Bio
BEN DURBIN - 125 kg
ben-mug.jpg

CWC Elite Olympic Hopeful

twitter-icon.jpg
Follow Me on Twitter
Support Ben
in his quest for Olympic
Gold in 2020
pixel.gif

At a young age my father and older brother introduced me to the sport of wrestling, since then I have applied its principles to all aspects of life. In high school I was highly ranked at 189 lbs., and qualified for the state tournament my sophomore and junior years. Despite being ranked #1 in the state my senior year, I failed to qualify for the state tournament and never gave wrestling the commitment it deserved. Football always took precedent, and as I continued to excel throughout my high school career, wrestling only became a means to gain a competitive edge in football. I received full scholarship offers from several Division 1 universities, and ultimately chose to play for the University of Wyoming. I had a successful career at Wyoming while earning my bachelors degree, and came back to play for Iowa State University while earning my masters. It was here at Iowa State where I was reintroduced to wrestling, and I quickly came to realize that wrestling is and always was my true passion. After my collegiate career, I still signed with an agent in pursuit of the NFL, but ultimately never made the final cut for a team.

As I reflected on my athletic career over the past few years, I continued to have a "should'a, could'a, would'a" mentality and found that any of the successes I have had in life or athletics can be attributed to one underlying concept - Wrestling.

So why have I not given the sport of wrestling what it has given me? Now is that time, I have stepped down from my professional career to commit 100% of my efforts to the greatest and most tradition rich sport known to mankind. The sport that no one but yourself determines if you are the best. I am honored to learn from the best coaches in the world, Trent Paulson, Travis Paulson, and Kevin Jackson, and have the opportunity to wrestle for the Cyclone Wrestling Club. I vow that I will seize the opportunity and give this everything I have.

BEN'S MONTHLY BLOG
Hey Cyclones!
This month has flown by as usual! In my most recent tournament, the Dave Schultz International, I took 2nd losing 5-0 to a top 10 nationally ranked opponent. I continue to make gains each and every day and I am confident that with the training partners and coaches I work with I will begin to have victories against the best in the nation. My sights are set on the last chance qualifier where I will need to take 1st to qualify for the trials. I can't wait for the opportunity to showcase my improvements over just the last couple months. I have been training with Gadson and Gibson often as we complement each other well. They provide me with a world class technique and a finesse feel that I won't feel at the heavyweight class. I provide each of them with heavy hands and strength that they won't feel at 97kg.The Cyclone wrestling team is poised and ready for a great representation at the NCAA's! Thank you for everything CWC!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron