Cyclone Alley game watch?

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
My gf and I are going to the Ames High vs. Valley game tomorrow night, it got us wondering.

Would it be possible to get a group of CA members together to go cheer on Doug McDermott and Harrison Barnes? As long as its unofficial, would this be breaking any sort of recruiting rules?

Anything like this that might encourage HB to stick around Ames is worth it in my mind.

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
I'm not saying at tomorrow nights game. It'd be way too late to organize anything like that. I'm saying sometime in the next month or so.

The students will be back and there aren't always games on the nights of AHS games.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm not saying at tomorrow nights game. It'd be way too late to organize anything like that. I'm saying sometime in the next month or so.

The students will be back and there aren't always games on the nights of AHS games.

We've addressed it. Not as a Cyclone Alley thing, but as a "hey guys, wanna go watch Barnes and casually wear our Iowa State gear" thing.

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
Good deal! The more people, the better! I do think bringing a good number of Cyclone Alley people could make an even bigger impact. Having 50-100 screaming cyclone fans would definately be noticable.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Good deal! The more people, the better! I do think bringing a good number of Cyclone Alley people could make an even bigger impact. Having 50-100 screaming cyclone fans would definately be noticable.
It's difficult enough finding 10 of my friends who want to go watch a high school game, let alone 50-100. They cost $$ and the number of people who are hyprocritical with their money is astounding (can spend $20/weekend on alcohol, but not $4 for a basketball game). The fact is that most people don't follow recruiting, and are therefore clueless as to who he is. The people who know recruiting are found on this site.

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
Ok, thanks for the negativity, but I'll start talking to people and see what sort of interest we can create.

No one answered my question though about if they knew if this would violate any rules... If anyone does. Please give me feedback.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
It's difficult enough finding 10 of my friends who want to go watch a high school game, let alone 50-100. They cost $$ and the number of people who are hyprocritical with their money is astounding (can spend $20/weekend on alcohol, but not $4 for a basketball game). The fact is that most people don't follow recruiting, and are therefore clueless as to who he is. The people who know recruiting are found on this site.
Only 20$?
I will probably go to one or two of his games regardless.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Ok, thanks for the negativity, but I'll start talking to people and see what sort of interest we can create.

No one answered my question though about if they knew if this would violate any rules... If anyone does. Please give me feedback.
College students going to a high school basketball game isn't against any rules. I doubt Cyclone Alley as an organization would sponsor this either way though.

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
Yeah, I don't think they can or would. But having a good number of students there, wearing their shirts would be cool. Thanks!