Cyclone Wrestling outing

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Really upset that I couldn't make it tonight. Would love if someone could give a full recap. Looked like a great time!

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I live over 2 hours away. Would have to take off work early to get there. I'd love to be able to attend all of these events but just not feasible for me. Hoping someone will post a recap.

• Agree
Reactions: cyden501 and Judoka

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Had to be around 250-300 people include 30+ alumni. The first level at the District was almost packed so I estimating at the attendence. Mike Land, Dave Powell, Joe and Jim Gibbons where guess speakers. All coaches said a few words and of course Zadick stole the show especially with a couple shots at Iowa. Jamie Pollard and CTV were there. Several former wrestlers that have been out of site the pass few years include Jeff Carter, Backes, Voelker, and Zach Thompson. Not much info except they hope to have $600K+ by July 1st and $1M by Sept. They had 9 or so recruits in today. Mostly metro kids, Weston.D. and a MN kid. Several of the current wrestlers were there and everyone seemed to have a great time. Very upbeat and a fun event. Main theme....bring back to the glory days and fill Hilton and get rid of curtain!

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Also sounds like one of the duals is going to be in Cy Stephens.

1st dual is Nov 12th against Drexel. (Asevedo sp?, former Cyclone is the coach)

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Also sounds like one of the duals is going to be in Cy Stephens.

1st dual is Nov 12th against Drexel. (Asevedo sp?, former Cyclone is the coach)

I was hoping they'd do that. VT did something similar and it always looked cool.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
C98htAQUMAAHCjV.jpg:large

Previous
Next

Tony Hager‏ @hagertony 33m33 minutes ago

One lil nugget from @CycloneWR Social last night is that @CYWrestle_KD wants to bring a dual to Stephens Auditorium. #Cyclones pic.twitter.com/G1odtI2Lpu

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
It was a great event! One of my favorite happenings was when Zadick acknowledged Nate Gallick in the audience and shared how he hated him when they competed but then invited him and all of the other past wrestlers into the room and said they are welcome and want them in the room. Very cool and respectful.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I feel like this event went under the radar a little bit. I would have loved to attend, but didn't know much about it.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Had to be around 250-300 people include 30+ alumni. The first level at the District was almost packed so I estimating at the attendence. Mike Land, Dave Powell, Joe and Jim Gibbons where guess speakers. All coaches said a few words and of course Zadick stole the show especially with a couple shots at Iowa. Jamie Pollard and CTV were there. Several former wrestlers that have been out of site the pass few years include Jeff Carter, Backes, Voelker, and Zach Thompson. Not much info except they hope to have $600K+ by July 1st and $1M by Sept. They had 9 or so recruits in today. Mostly metro kids, Weston.D. and a MN kid. Several of the current wrestlers were there and everyone seemed to have a great time. Very upbeat and a fun event. Main theme....bring back to the glory days and fill Hilton and get rid of curtain!

Thanks for the insight! Really wish I would have made it. Did just make a donation to the CRTC though. Really cool how Dresser is getting alumni's involved like he is. I have so much faith that this staff is going to get us back to the top soon.

Care to share the shots that Zadick made towards Iowa?? :)

Help Support Us

Become a patron