Cyclones in the NFL - 2020 - 2021 season.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Phillie is +1 with Hakeem Butler in the lineup. And I am a big fan of #89, since it was the number of Hall of Fame K.C. Chiefs receiver Otis Taylor. Its a good sign!

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
He is #89. and logged his first stat. An attempted pass from NDSU product Carson Wentz (who won his first college start in Ames ).
I saw that in the box score this AM. I recorded the 2nd half because I had to crash so I'll have to take a look. Glad he got on the field for something other than special teams.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hakeem's target right here. 4th and goal. Apparently he lined up on the wrong side to start. Ball is underthrown and he might have gotten held a bit, but this feels like a ball he would go and attack when he was a Cyclone.
EDIT: if the video isnt working, its at the 8:58 mark

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hakeem's target right here. 4th and goal. Apparently he lined up on the wrong side to start. Ball is underthrown and he might have gotten held a bit, but this feels like a ball he would go and attack when he was a Cyclone.
EDIT: if the video isnt working, its at the 8:58 mark

Thanks for finding that. It's good to see him split out; I wonder if they are just going to do that if they want to iso him for his height. It DOES feel like he could've gone after that more aggressively.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Jamal Perry (Jomal Wiltz) was inactive for the Dolphins in their big win over the Rams, with a foot injury.

AJ Klein had 3 tackles (2 solo) for the Bills today in their win over the Pats.

Let's see if Hakeem will be active and contributing tonight for the Eagles vs. the 'Boys.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Ah, crap. I missed this yesterday: the Eagles cut Hakeem Butler yesterday.

Jeez. Maybe they should re-sign him to the practice squad and let him play his friggin real position this time.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
David Montgomery ended with better rushing numbers last night in the Bears´ OT loss to the Saints: 21 rushes / 89 yards / long of 38 (see above). He also caught 2 passes for 16 yards.

The 2nd half - which I couldn't watch - had a lot of 0 and 1-yard gains after posting longer runs in the first half. The Bears' 3rd quarter was especially anemic.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hey, they listened to me and re-signed him to the practice squad. Well, I'm sure all GMs - and offensive coordinators - check CF regularly :)

Now put him at WR, Iggles.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
AL is close to returning but their game vs. the 49ers is Thursday, not Sunday. And the Niners just had to close down their facility for COVID reasons so it's hard to say when he could be back. Maybe they push it back by a few days which allows Lazard a chance to get stronger.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Who is listed as one of Peter King's defensive players of the week (Football Morning in America column? This guy:
1604924555477.png

A.J. Klein, linebacker, Buffalo. Bills up 41-27, mid-fourth quarter, Russell Wilson has used about six of his nine lives, but here he comes again, needing two scores at a frenetic pace to tie it. On third-and-two from the Seattle 28, Klein came in unblocked from the Buffalo left end and wrapped up Wilson for a sack—or so it seemed. It wasn’t only a sack; Klein stole the ball from Wilson as they fell to the ground. Great play at a perfect time. Bills won, and Klein had two sacks, five tackles, two more QB hits and a swarming presence that frustrated Wilson.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
David Montgomery continues to struggle, at position that is largely commoditized in the NFL. I hope that he can hold on and have some longevity. It's clear that the Bears' offense is bad and many have pointed to run-blocking as the problem. I suspect that some NFLers would say he has a lack of a burst.

In the Bears' loss, he had 14 carries for 30 yards, with a long of 5. He also caught 3 passes for 12 yards (long = 13).

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Who is listed as one of Peter King's defensive players of the week (Football Morning in America column? This guy:
View attachment 77657

A.J. Klein, linebacker, Buffalo. Bills up 41-27, mid-fourth quarter, Russell Wilson has used about six of his nine lives, but here he comes again, needing two scores at a frenetic pace to tie it. On third-and-two from the Seattle 28, Klein came in unblocked from the Buffalo left end and wrapped up Wilson for a sack—or so it seemed. It wasn’t only a sack; Klein stole the ball from Wilson as they fell to the ground. Great play at a perfect time. Bills won, and Klein had two sacks, five tackles, two more QB hits and a swarming presence that frustrated Wilson.
Klein has gotten a lot of heat in Buffalo for fairly underwhelming play, but he had one of his best games as a pro yesterday.

Here is that strip sack that helped put the game out of reach for Seattle.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
David Montgomery continues to struggle, at position that is largely commoditized in the NFL. I hope that he can hold on and have some longevity. It's clear that the Bears' offense is bad and many have pointed to run-blocking as the problem. I suspect that some NFLers would say he has a lack of a burst.

In the Bears' loss, he had 14 carries for 30 yards, with a long of 5. He also caught 3 passes for 12 yards (long = 13).

The Bears o-line and play calling is atrocious, no way he should be taking the heat for his struggles because he gets hit behind the line almost every play

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
At the moment, no DM, no Lazard (coming back soon, it seems), no Osemele, no Hakeem. We're about down to rooting for AJ Klein.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY