Sep 8, 2006
(307)
CkNxBAyXAAEGNYZ.jpg

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Truly an indifferent day for this guy, moving from vaguely aware of car go zoomzoom to slightly less vaguely aware of car go zoomzoom. Dale, you will be something'd. Nascar will something something, but cars must continue to go zoomzoom at only slightly differing speeds

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Truly an indifferent day for this guy, moving from vaguely aware of car go zoomzoom to slightly less vaguely aware of car go zoomzoom. Dale, you will be something'd. Nascar will something something, but cars must continue to go zoomzoom at only slightly differing speeds

Not exactly sure what you're saying (which is probably the point), but I certainly got a good chuckle from it.

Not too bad to be worth over $300 Million from "car go zoomzoom!"

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am guessing he will become a car owner and they will keep him around. Kind of like Jordan in the NBA. He makes them to much money to just let him disappear.

• Agree
Reactions: ghettocowboy4cy

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
not surprised after the concussion last year and Edward's retirement. I had suspected it may be this year but assumed he would have announced earlier, so it was a bit of a surprise. Going to miss watching him but I know he wants a family that he can be present for and he's not getting younger. Hard to believe I've been watching him race for over half my life.

My Sundays look freer next year, that's for sure. Just no real interest in any of the new drivers and the constant format changes have driven me away.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It's not like the guy dominated on track or won any championships. When Sr. passed on that fateful day in February 2001, the Sr fans needed another Earnhardt to worship and Jr. was their savior. I, for one, could not get his bandwagon.

I was at the Texas Busch Series race years ago when a rookie, Kevin Harvick, came from 2 laps down and almost won the race driving for RCR. He was handpicked by Sr. to drive their Bush Series car that year. That was when I first started to root for Harvick. The fourth race of the following season after the death of Sr., when Harvick beat Gordon to the line in Atlanta, made me a Harvick fan. Sorry I but I am just not one to worship Dale Jr. Good guy and all and hate it for him, but time marches on. Get out while you still have all your marbles.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I can't blame him at all after the last year or so of his life, wish him the best. I'm a pretty casual nascar fan but I'll remember him most of the work he did raising awareness for concussions.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
honestly, maybe the announcers will cover relevant drivers for a change. Always thought the hype for Jr was way way overboard.

thought NASCAR loses another name....and will continue to dwindle in popularity.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
honestly, maybe the announcers will cover relevant drivers for a change. Always thought the hype for Jr was way way overboard.

A lot of the in-race hype (Junior updates) was paid for by Nationwide or one of his other major sponsors. TV execs won't turn down money.

As far as the other coverage, his popularity almost forces the hand of media -- similar to Tiger Woods. So many times in the later part of Tiger's career, ESPN or Fox would punch up the tournament leaderboard, and then have "Tiger Woods: 68th" off to the side. Same thing happens with Earnhardt.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
A lot of the in-race hype (Junior updates) was paid for by Nationwide or one of his other major sponsors. TV execs won't turn down money.

As far as the other coverage, his popularity almost forces the hand of media -- similar to Tiger Woods. So many times in the later part of Tiger's career, ESPN or Fox would punch up the tournament leaderboard, and then have "Tiger Woods: 68th" off to the side. Same thing happens with Earnhardt.

Bad comparison. Tiger actually won championships. Junior would be just another driver if he had a different last name. He's a good representative for Nascar, but the hype was completely overblown based off his on track results.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Bad comparison. Tiger actually won championships. Junior would be just another driver if he had a different last name. He's a good representative for Nascar, but the hype was completely overblown based off his on track results.

That's why I specifically referenced popularity, not titles.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron