Day 2 Thread

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Thanks for all of the updates guys!

Hopefully things work out and Cael gets his 10K bonus and ISU gets a nice little trophy! Go Clones!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
For anyone that cares, our neighbors to the east only have 3 guys left. Everyone else has been eliminated. Their boards are in meltdown mode saying that this is the worst Iowa team ever. HAHA

any quotes you can copy if you come across them? :sweet:

- keep.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
the valuable thing he'll get is a contract extension. That's worth more than any bonus in the D1 coaches line of work.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
the valuable thing he'll get is a contract extension. That's worth more than any bonus in the D1 coaches line of work.

I think Pollard should do the piece of paper trick. Here Cael, write down how much money you want, you're getting it.

Throw in a lifetime contract as well.

klones

Mar 16, 2007
Ames
I was wondering how many championships ISU has won overall and who has the most championships? I assume Iowa and OK St. are leaders.

johnsonjj

Apr 11, 2006
Johnston
$10K??? That's it. Wow, I think he might have been able to get a littl emore than that.

Nice article on gocyclones.com. Sanderson already made 16K in bounuses. I think he got 1K for each wrestler going to Nationals, 5K for winning Big 12, and 500 each for the Big 12 championship wrestlers. You won't see the same type of bonuses as in basketball or football, as there just isn't the revenue in the sport.http://www.midiowanews.com/site/tab6.cfm?

newsid=18084521&BRD=2700&PAG=461&dept_id=554517&rfi=6

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Jimmy Valvano got a lifetime contract. Then they declared him dead.

Best thing is to give him one that automatically extends at the end of each year by another year unless one party gives the other party notice.

Better yet, Here are the new plans for our new Wrestling facility.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
any quotes you can copy if you come across them? :sweet:

- keep.
This could explain why they are in meltdown. They are definiately delusinal(sp).
The question was will anyone challenge Minnesota

"No one.

This race is for 2nd. I think Cornell, Northwestern, Missouri, Iowa and to a lesser extent ISU will fight it out for 2nd."

avery_larry

May 9, 2006
Ames
This could explain why they are in meltdown. They are definiately delusinal(sp).
The question was will anyone challenge Minnesota

"No one.

This race is for 2nd. I think Cornell, Northwestern, Missouri, Iowa and to a lesser extent ISU will fight it out for 2nd."
Hey--I was scared our 6 freshmen wouldn't be up to the challenge of nationals. So far I'm ecstatic that we're keeping up with Minny. Of course, I wouldn't have gone so far as to say we wouldn't even challenge for 2nd.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
We still have a chance--absolutely! Bonus points for placing will be the determiner (I say). We've both got 4 that could be champions and 3 that could be 3rd place. If we can place our 7 slightly better than their 7 we're good.

Winning any head-to-head matches with the Gophers will also be big. If I looked right, there won't be any in the consolation bracket, but there is a head-to-head between Varner and Kish in the semi's.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Hawks fighting for second place??? Must be same "Second Place" that's listed on the new Hawk MBB Championship Banners that were posted over in the In-State Rivals forum...

"2006 NCAA Tournament 1st Round, Second Place"

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
ISU looking pretty darn good. Zabriskie has to wrestle yet this afternoon in concolations.

Minny leads with 66 and ISU up next with 62.5. ISU has some difficult matches coming up in the semi's.