Deon Silas Commits!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I like this kid already! Seems like great drive and character.

And I think he will be great at ISU (JJ Moses type as someone already alluded to). Besides they will have to be able to see him/find him in order to tackle him. Good luck with that. He's tiny and fast. Ant Man II !! :)

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I like this kid already! Seems like great drive and character.

And I think he will be great at ISU (JJ Moses type as someone already alluded to). Besides they will have to be able to see him/find him in order to tackle him. Good luck with that. He's tiny and fast. Ant Man II !! :)
I would say he's like Jarvis West if he played RB and could break arm tackles. Same type of twitch and return ability. Same height.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I would say he's like Jarvis West if he played RB and could break arm tackles. Same type of twitch and return ability. Same height.
Good comparison. I think I'd take another Jarvis West! I'd forgotten about him. Internet not as good (for me) back then, so I didn't see team play often if ever.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I could see him being a version of Deuce Vaughn at KSU.... that’s my hope anyway!

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Okay, now I see why some have compared him to JJ Moses. Dude is shifty, fast and can catch the ball. He never stops working to keep it tough for the defenders to get in position to bring him down.
This is four games worth of tape. FOUR GAMES!
This is more impressive than some recruits’s entire seasons.

Reactions: VeloClone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I kept hoping we would get a great back in this year's class and that this guy (Silas) was a nice piece as a scatback, maybe a nice complementary piece.

Then TCU offers, WVA offers, and his tape on this year just keeps looking better and better. Maybe this guy could be a 3 down back down the road and I need to retract my initial thoughts on him. Awfully impressive speed and elusiveness. We can never have enough of these types of guys, of course i love height at receiver but we need guys that can make defenders miss, and he checks that box pretty effectively.

Still think it is time to go 4 star whale hunting at RB in the next class!