Did Anyone Else Notice at JP's Presser Yesterday...

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
That he thanked every AD remaining in the league except TT and OSU? That struck me as noteworthy. Tech and OSU are probably a little bitter because they aren't getting the "extra" chunk of money that OU, Texas, and aTm are getting. I wonder if there is some resentment there, or if it was just an oversight by JP. What do you think?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I think there were three factions of ADs and Universities throughout the crisis. Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma were the three insitutions actually making the decisions. Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri were trying to come up with creative solutions to keep Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma in the league. Texas Tech and Oklahoma State were going to pretty much follow what Texas and Oklahoma did respectively. I don't believe Texas Tech and Oklahoma State were active participants; not because they didn't want to be but because they were not in a position to do so. Therefore, I don't believe Jamie's not mentioning those schools in the press conference was any type of "slight" on them.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
That he thanked every AD remaining in the league except TT and OSU? That struck me as noteworthy. Tech and OSU are probably a little bitter because they aren't getting the "extra" chunk of money that OU, Texas, and aTm are getting. I wonder if there is some resentment there, or if it was just an oversight by JP. What do you think?

Likely, he didn't know if they had recommitted or not. Remember, these two were going to try to holdout at the last minute.

SPC

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
I agree, I believe they (TT and OSU) are the followers in this instance. However, I just figured as an olive branch, JP would have thanked them for any work that they put in, just to be cordial. I probably am reading into this too far, it just struck me as a little off.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think there were three factions of ADs and Universities throughout the crisis. Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma were the three insitutions actually making the decisions. Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri were trying to come up with creative solutions to keep Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma in the league. Texas Tech and Oklahoma State were going to pretty much follow what Texas and Oklahoma did respectively. I don't believe Texas Tech and Oklahoma State were active participants; not because they didn't want to be but because they were not in a position to do so. Therefore, I don't believe Jamie's not mentioning those schools in the press conference was any type of "slight" on them.
I support your theory. TT is upset at losing PAC Ten move and OSU is mad at KU for being a last minute sub. They are unhappy campers.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I don't think it was a mistake at all. From the way this all shook out, I think that the remaining 5 really didn't care what TT and OSU did. Those two are replaceable. OU, UT and aTm are not.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I support your theory. TT is upset at losing PAC Ten move and OSU is mad at KU for being a last minute sub. They are unhappy campers.

Worst of all, they're upset that they were placed in the $14-17mil category with the rest of us without having any say in the matter.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
At the peak of the crisis they were in a better positon than us because they would have got invited to tag along along wih the "Premium programs. On the ohter hand thay had little or no control over their destiny. If the BIg XII dissolved at least we would have made our own decisions. If I were OSU I would have leaned towards the SEC w/ aTm. Arkansas is close and would make a great rival for them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron