Disgraced: Baylor BBall scandal documentary

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Tonight is the debut airing of the Baylor basketball scandal documentary on Showtime. Showtime has had some interesting documentaries, the Lawrence Phillips one in particular. Below is the trailer for the documentary.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Wow fascinating stuff. Thanks for sharing, Rulzzz. I have been watching quite a few of the 30 for 30 programs as well - the one on the point-shaving scandal at Boston College back in the 70s was on recently. Dr. Tom Davis was their coach then...........

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Haha, Baylor is just getting it from all sides now. Like there isn't already current baggage to talk about.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Was 22 when this went down and thought I knew alot but this shed alot of new perspective. Had disgust for Bliss before this but even more so after this. There is a special place in hell reserved for Dave Bliss.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Holy sh*t. I remember when this happened but I was only 8-9 years old. My mind is absolutely blown right now.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
If nothing else, perhaps this will end the fiction that Baylor covered up a murder of a player... I read that pretty regularly on opponents message boards...even here... I'm pretty sure they already knew that wasn't true but liked the way it sounded.

Dotson may be Schizophrenic, but Bliss is a Sociopath.

Puts what Drew walked into in to some perspective and makes what he has accomplished even more impressive.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I finally got to watch it. I'm shocked that the assistant coach got blackballed by other coaches for taping Bliss. That's a shame.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I finally got to watch it. I'm shocked that the assistant coach got blackballed by other coaches for taping Bliss. That's a shame.

Betraying another coach is a bigger crime than anything in those circles.
Bruce Pearl was blacklisted for a long time after his recordings involving Illinois and Marcus Liberty, with Illinois providing some kind of improper benefits, or thought to, or something. He didn't see Division I again for a long time.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Finally watched this last night after being disgusted that cheating North Carolina won. But my level of disgust for NC is a fraction of what I hold for Baylor. That was a very well done documentary, and the questions still linger.

The kid that killed Denehy got a 35 year sentence that was handed down in only 5 days after his plea; both points equally unheard of. But it made the bad publicity for Baylor get off the headlines quickly. The kid's appointed atty conveniently is now the District Atty in the same county. That entire county, run by BU top to bottom, is corrupt.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I can't wait until this streams or hits the torrent sites.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I received a notice that Showtime is now part of my Amazon Prime. So Amazon video might be an opportunity for some of you to watch this.