Does every fanbase overhype their potential draft picks?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Anyone hyping Kirby was because our history in the draft at that time was so awful aside from a guy here or there that we reached and searched for anyone. I am glad we are where we are now because we can have more realistic talks about guys being drafted and not have to stretch beyond reason to think a certain player might get drafted.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
being a DSM local kid probaly amplifies that a bit

for all the ISU NBA success, none of them have been Iowans, sans Fred 30 years ago

If NBA success means lottery commercials with the Iowa Wolves, then yeah..... the KXNO/WHO hype train could out of control.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I’m not sure the reason for posting this thread, did you think TJ was going to be a first rounder or something?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Brock Purdy & Allen Lazard were criminally underrated on draft day.

Will McDonald IV (so far) didn't justify his being picked in 1st round.

Montgomery & Hall both could've/should've gone earlier too in hindsight.

But yes, every team overrates their players and even the "experts" truly never know who will translate or not.

Tampa II should be drafted here in 2nd (probably right) or 3rd round at latest.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I’ll throw this out there that I thought Hakeem Butler was worthy of 2nd rd…o thought the NFL coaches would help fix his concentration and drops issues. Way wrong, crazy because his talent was insane

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Yes, although I will say I think I tempered my expectations after watching the Tampa vs Worthy matchup in Ames. I guess looking back worthy only went 4/77 but watching it, I felt like he outclassed Tampa that night

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
Tampa is going to be a steal. I didn’t see any other corner in the big 12 shift the field like he did. Lack of stats is because nobody threw at him….worthy had a couple nice moves on him, but worthy did that to everyone.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I always under hype out guys. The only two I over hyped was Hakeem Butler and Lazard. I didn’t think Brock had any chance of getting drafted.

Help Support Us

Become a patron