Doesn't look like Ku has much interest in ...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Can't name conference school that hasn't had a major football stadium project this decade other than Ku.

Oh come on, this looks like a renovation:

ProjectImage

Crap, that's Phog Allen.

Well, okay, but they built this, didn't they?

ku_3.jpg

Damn! Basketball again...

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Totally rebuild the stadium @40,000; play in Arrowhead for a year. Simple.

Do away with the stadium completely, play in Arrowhead full-time. Save on maintenance costs, tell recruits they'll play in a pro stadium, fans can drink beer.

May require changing dominant color of the uniform to match the Arrowhead scheme. Also may require tarps to cover upper deck. Baylor may be able to point them in the right direction.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well, they did add support facilities fairly recently:
The University of Kansas broke ground on the new $31-million Anderson Family Football Complex on October 6, 2006, and it opened in 2008. The building includes offices, academic areas, a weight room, locker rooms, an audio-visual room, meeting rooms, a cardio room, a hydro-therapy room, a nutrition area and a display area. It is also joined by new practice fields to the southeast of the stadium.[4]

And they also took out the track in 2009... :D

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't think they can just knock down the stadium...pretty sure its a historic landmark and thus that would be prevented...but unsure. They really need to embrace that.

Take down the extra stands that extended the main bleachers up on both sides.
Move the field back into the horseshoe.
Create a new modern press box which design falls along with the historic facade of the stadium.

Either way, Kansas is putting all money on basketball carrying them to a new conference should the Big 12 cease. However, Football pays the bills, and any conferences interested will note the total lack of football support from the school.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And yet, they are raking in a really good recruiting class this year somehow. I don't get it? I'd be shocked if those 4 star guys stick with them. Why play in a dump in front of 3,000 people?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
And yet, they are raking in a really good recruiting class this year somehow. I don't get it? I'd be shocked if those 4 star guys stick with them. Why play in a dump in front of 3,000 people?
mmmmm...maybe so they can have midnight rumbles with the basketball stars? :D

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
It was set up for Track and field and football. It can be improved a little but it really would need to be tore down. When Jack Trice was built. They did a good job of building it so they could expand it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I honestly like the Arrowhead idea.

I am not sure this place is worth saving.

They would do well for road fans in Kansas City, too, when they played KSU, ISU, Texas, Oklahoma, or any decent match-up with a non-con P5 school, if they ever play one.

That stadium just happens to be in Missouri, though.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Because there paying them.