Don't Sleep on Solomon Young in 2017/18

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Everyone is sleeping on him. The worry around big guys or our lack thereof has reached a fevered pitch. SY is going to take a huge leap this year. As the CF authority on SY and a poster that has CSP's eyes SY's usage should go to at or near 20% and he will be looking at the very least honorable mention for the league next year.

For everyone that thinks we need to have 12 6'10" guys to be good keep on keeping on.

Last edited by a moderator:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I agree, we've just seen the start of Young's career. He will be a 4 year starter very likely from here out.

I see him averaging around 10 & 8 next year which is very solid.

Reactions: isutrevman

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
yeah, not worried about him at all, he should be entrenched as a starter for the rest of his career. But he needs help down there, he can't do it all. What if he gets injured again or in foul trouble?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
While I agree Young has a lot more to show, one post player on a team is nowhere near enough for a team. ISU needs at least one more guy, either recruited or stepping up to play in the post. Two would be even better.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Everyone is sleeping on him. The circle-jerk around big guys or our lack thereof has reached a fevered pitch. SY is going to take a huge leap this year. As the CF authority on SY and a poster that has CSP's eyes SY's usage should go to at or near 20% and he will be looking at the very least honorable mention for the league next year.

For everyone that thinks we need to have 12 6'10" guys to be good keep on fapping.
cool story

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Everyone is sleeping on him. The circle-jerk around big guys or our lack thereof has reached a fevered pitch. SY is going to take a huge leap this year. As the CF authority on SY and a poster that has CSP's eyes SY's usage should go to at or near 20% and he will be looking at the very least honorable mention for the league next year.

For everyone that thinks we need to have 12 6'10" guys to be good keep on fapping.
irbru.jpg

No one is sleeping on Young, but if you think will be okay with him as the only post that isn't a liability, then you are in denial.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyke and Cydkar

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ

No one is sleeping on Young, but if you think will be okay with him as the only post that isn't a liability, then you are in denial.
While I would have loved for us to have landed a couple of very tall studs - Lets not forget that we have a 4**** on campus with nearly a year in the program so he now knows what Prohmball is all about - I am pretty sure that CAMERON LARD has not shrunk or forgotten how to play basketball. He and Solomon could very well be our dynamic duo next year! If SJ is lucky enough to make the tourney next year with unlv I am confident that Cam will take him to school.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
While I would have loved for us to have landed a couple of very tall studs - Lets not forget that we have a 4**** on campus with nearly a year in the program so he now knows what Prohmball is all about - I am pretty sure that CAMERON LARD has not shrunk or forgotten how to play basketball. He and Solomon could very well be our dynamic duo next year! If SJ is lucky enough to make the tourney next year with unlv I am confident that Cam will take him to school.

We have plenty of size for Prohmball imo. Next year's fapfest is going to be all about how we don't have any scoring wings if we don't land brown or alstork. It will be all "why is ISU the only school that can't land 6'5" wings that can average 12 points and shoot 40% from 3! Nutcups...derp! It's gonna come back to bite us save this post everyone will see"