Drake vs UNI Arch Madness Cancelled (Drake advances)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yesterday during the UNI game they thru up a graphic bragging on their leadership for being the only conference to complete every conference game this season. You'd think announcers learned from all the FT shooters they jinxed.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Such bullsh!t. I was really looking forward to watching that game tonight and hoping for a UNI upset.

It's not good for Drake to miss this game either. With all of the injury issues they have going on I have to presume that the coaching staff and players want as much real game time as possible going into the semifinals tomorrow, likely against a good Missouri State team instead of going in completely cold like they will be.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I feel like Drake would have lost tonight. Probably for the best for them. I hope they don't, but expecting them to lose tomorrow

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
A microcosm of the state of our society right now. It will be funny when mad Fran and the best hok team in 100 years get told to go home just like last year.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Such bullsh!t. I was really looking forward to watching that game tonight and hoping for a UNI upset.

It's not good for Drake to miss this game either. With all of the injury issues they have going on I have to presume that the coaching staff and players want as much real game time as possible going into the semifinals tomorrow, likely against a good Missouri State team instead of going in completely cold like they will be.
I feel like Drake would have lost tonight. Probably for the best for them. I hope they don't, but expecting them to lose tomorrow
Missouri State is pretty good. They'd be my upset pick to go all the way in the MVC Tourney (if as you say Drake is down/depleted).

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What's the o/u on teams defaulted from NCAA tournament? Thinking 2.5 but maybe low

So this was decided by the state of Missouri. I'd hope that the NCAA was in talks with Indiana before placing the tournament there. Not knowing Indiana's policies, I'd imagine that the NCAA shopped around for a state that was going to be lenient on their policies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So this was decided by the state of Missouri. I'd hope that the NCAA was in talks with Indiana before placing the tournament there. Not knowing Indiana's policies, I'd imagine that the NCAA shopped around for a state that was going to be lenient on their policies.

This is insane. Do you think your entertainment is worth even a single life?

• Haha
Reactions: crawfy54

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Wild thing is some of those regs/guidance could also be a moving target (adjusted since decided, etc)

But horrible look for MVC.....you'd think COVID protocols would be #1 agenda item in all of their discussions leading up to this.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021

I think it was a City of St Louis decision.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017

NCAA shoulda chose Texas. ;)

Might be best for Drake to lose today and not make the Tourney. With the injuries, I think they'd get thumped in 1st round.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
imagine caring this much about tier 3 basketball

Two reasons to care:
Maybe you have a vested interest in one of the teams (alum, parent, etc.)
The potential that this is a preview of what's coming in conference tournaments and march madness